2

3rd Person POV:

The days, weeks and months after that, Pete didn't know how to function anymore.

There was a gap.

A gap everywhere.

Something missing wherever he went.

It was so strange how one person could take up so much of Pete's life.

It was even stranger that the moment that person left, Pete's life was in shambles.

He was always late now, with no Kao to wake him up.

He was always hungry, with no Kao to make him pancakes for breakfast, nor cook him lunch or dinner.

He was always missing something, with no Kao to pop out of nowhere with his things magically in his hand. 

He always lost something, with no Kao to pick it up after him.

He always got mad, with no Kao to appease him.

He always got thirsty, with no Kao to bring him water or tea.

He always got sick, with no Kao to take care of him.

He always felt lonely, with no Kao by his side.

He always felt empty, with no Kao at all.

It was then when Pete began to realize how important Kao was to him.

...

It wasn't like Pete couldn't contact Kao. It was just that Kao never replied. Which was strange to Pete. So, so strange. Because Kao always answered. His calls, his texts, everything. Kao always picked up and texted back. But Kao wasn't doing that anymore, and it wasn't like Pete could get angry and yell at him over the phone, when Kao didn't even pick up the call. It wasn't like Pete could fly over by himself and find Kao too. He didn't even know where Kao was exactly, only that he had flown to Singapore to further his studies. He didn't have the capability to find out either, nor go there since he was still much too young. And well, Pete wasn't one to reach out first. He wasn't one to make small talk, to ask how Kao's day was, how he had been, whether it was tough living there.

So all Pete could do was hear about him from other people.

Kao apparently never asked for money, instead always sending money back. Pete admired Kao for that, but felt hurt whenever he had to hear about him from others like this. 

He had never asked about Kao before. Hell, it was always other people asking him about Kao.

Pete realized he never had to even ask. Kao would just hang around him and tell him everything. About his past, present and literally everything about him.

But he never talked about the future.

And Pete never asked.

He always thought that Kao would remain by his side, and now he had fucked up.

He had fucked up big time.

His mind was a mess, and so was his heart.

"I miss Kao…" June whined.

No one replied.

"Haaa… Our gang isn't cool anymore. Not without Kao..." He sighed.

Thada smacked his head and shushed him, nudging him to look at Pete.

June slapped his mouth shut, eyes widening as he mouthed an "oh".