Bomber Jacket

Alfred always wore his bomber jacket, it was rare to see him without it. He would take good care of it too. He would make sure it took no damage, keeping it in mint condition.
  It was a very special jacket, it was a gift. A gift from someone who had the same free spirit as Alfred himself. A gift from a woman who was truly free.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Alfred was a man of free spirit, always keeping a smile on his face. He talked as if he had no care in the world, walked around as if he owned the place. He always brought light to the room, but today he was calmer then usual. That's what it looked like from the outside, on the inside he was tempted to start crying.
  Every now and then he would have a flashback in the form of a dream;from past traumas, to deceased lovers, it always effected him, even if it was barely noticable. The room had a calmer atmosphere, with countries actually getting their work done.
  It was raining outside, the sky turning a slight grey. Alfred was sitting at the windowsill, a cup of tea in his hand. He normally despised the stuff, but today he would make an exception. He clutched his jacket with his other hand, giving the outside a calm look. His blue eyes were filled with peace, and a hint of sorrow.
  He was thinking of a dream he hadn't had in a long time, of a woman he couldnt forget. The woman reminded him of many things. Of how he used to be full of hope all the time, of how he loved brunch. Of how he loved to be a pilot, and of how grateful he was to be free.
  He remembered that day like it was yesterday, it was a day he refused to forget.

                 [Date: July 2, 1937]
It was a sunny day, wind blowing on and off. The two sat on a wooden crate placed near the plane, laughing and chatting amongst eachother.
  They held hands, both smiling. The woman stood up, Alfred following suit. She wore a bomber jacket and a flight cap, and a set of goggles on her head.
  She held his cheeks with her hands, giving him a gentle smile. Alfred had a look of sorrow in his eyes, his smile dampening.
  "Do you promise to come back?" His voice cracked as he spoke. He put his hand onto hers, leaning into her hand. "Once you see the world and all of its glory, do you promise to come back?"

  The woman only smiled, a wonderous look in her eyes. "Of course, why wouldnt I return to you?" She pulled away from him, grabbing a matching bomber jacket from inside the plane.
    It was Alfred's size, as if it was made just for him. "Here, for you to remember me by. To remind you that I love you as much as I love to fly."
  Alfred put on the jacket, a bright smile on his face. He picked her up by the waist, swinging her around. She giggles as she was set down, kissing him on the cheek.
  She pulled him into a hug, of which he returned. "Everytime you look into the sky, know that I'll always be looking after you, even when I'm not there."

  Alfred nodded, and backed up. It was almost time for take off, and he saluted her as she got into the plane. She yelled loud enough for him to hear over the plane,

"I love you Alfred  Jones!" He yelled back before she took off, voice full of love and determination;

.."I love you too Amelia Earhart!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alfred smiled as he saw a plane fly by, giving out a small sigh. She never came back like she promised, but it was okay. He had a feeling it wasnt her fault, nobody had seen her since she took off.
   He took a sip of his tea, his smile brightening up. He was grateful for her, and was glad that she was able to do what she loved.
  Normally when these dreams happen, it means that he has been working too much. He hummed, catching his twins attention.  He gave a slight smile, crossing his legs. He took another sip of his tea, then looked up in thought. He thought of a perfect break idea, accidentally mumbling it under his breath;

.."Maybe I should rent a jet, driving my own flight sounds really good right about now."