The Door In the Air

Start from the beginning

There was a suspended silence until. 
"I'll go," Glozelle spoke up and stepped forward. " I will accept the offer."
Then Prunaprismia and one of the other Telmarine lords walked up. 
"So will we," she said. Prunaprimsia, carrying her baby, and another the Telmarine Lord followed Glozelle and stood before Aslan.
"Because you have spoken first, your future in that world will be good," Aslan told the three of them before Aslan breathed on them, a light breeze falling over their faces. Just then, the tree behind Aslan started to twist and form a round opening. 
Prunaprismia approached me. 
"I never thanked you for helping me through my pregnancy," she said. "Thank you."
"You're welcome aunt Prunaprismia. I hope you and your son have a wonderful life together," I said. She smiled and looked down at her son before stepping towards the tree. The three of them disappeared right as they stepped through. 

The people gasped in horror and confusion. 
"How do we know he is not leading us to our deaths?!" one of the villagers spoke up. 
"Sire, if my example can be of any service, I will take eleven mice though with no delay," Reepicheep spoke up, approaching the lion. 
I saw Peter and Susan look at each other and Aslan looked over at them. Peter then stepped forward. 
"We'll go," Peter spoke up. I felt a slight pain in my chest. 
"We will?" Edmund questioned before exchanging looks with me. 
"Come on. Our time's up," Peter replied before walking over to Caspian and offering his sword to him. "After all, we're not really needed here anymore."
Caspian took the sword. " I will look after it until your return," he told Peter. 
"I'm afraid that's just it..." Susan spoke up. "We're not coming back."
I felt the pain in my chest stab into me ten times harsher. I felt my eyes sting with tears. 
"We're not?" Lucy asked, her tone heartbroken. 
"You two are," Peter said, gesturing to Edmund and Lucy. 
"But, you two aren't?" I asked as my vision was glossed over by tears. 
"At least, I think he means you two," Peter said.
Lucy turned to Aslan. "But why? Did they do something wrong?" she asked.
"Quite the opposite, dear one. But all things have their time. Your brother and sister have learned what they can from this world. Now it's time for them to live in their own," Aslan explained. 
Peter approached Lucy. "It's alright, Lu. It's not how I thought it would be, but it's alright. One day you'll see too. Come on."
Peter took Lucy's hand and they walked towards Glenstorm, Professor Cornelius and Trumpkin, Edmund following in pursuit. They all bowed to one another. Lucy curtsied to Trumpkin and he nodded. Then they embraced. I was still trying to process what was happening. They were leaving...and even though Lucy and Edmund were going to come back, I didn't know when. I could be dead or really old by the time they returned. I felt the tears fall from my cheeks. 
Peter was now in front of me. 
"I never properly thanked you for saving my life," he said. "I'm glad I got to meet you and that you make my brother happy. It was always a rare occasion to see him smile the way you make him smile. It was an honor fighting beside you," Peter said with a bow. I curtsied to him before pulling him in to a hug. 
"Take care, Peter. Do good. Take care of the others for me," I said with a quiet sob. 
"I will. Don't worry," Peter replied. 
Susan then walked up to me and we curtsied to each other. 
"It was an honor fighting by your side, Susan," I said. 
"The honor is all mine. I wish you the best of luck as queen of Narnia. I can tell your heart will guide you to doing good things for the country and its people," Susan replied. I smiled and we embraced each other. Next was Lucy. We immediately engulfed each other in an embrace. 
"I'm going to miss you so much, Y/N," Lucy told me. 
"Me too, Lu. Don't worry. I'm sure I'll see you when you return," I said to Lucy. My tone sounded positive, but my mind wasn't so sure. She then went back to Peter and held his hand. 
Now it was Edmund. I couldn't contain myself. I pulled him in to the tightest embrace I have ever given anybody and he returned the embrace with just as much strength.
"I'm gonna miss you so much," I sobbed. 
"I'm gonna miss you too," Edmund's voice broke. We broke the embrace and looked in each other's eyes. And not even three seconds after, we pulled each other in for a kiss. It was heated, it was passionate, and it was bittersweet. I only say bitter because I felt as if it would be the last chance I'd ever have to kiss him again. We heard ongoing murmurs and comments from the people, but we didn't mind them. We broke the kiss and leaned our foreheads on one another's before looking over to Susan who was with Caspian after hearing her voice.