𝟒 ⋆ 𝐖𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ⋆

Start from the beginning

"I'm still tired" Luke whined, leaning his back on the couch, next to my legs

"I was supposed to meet with Willie" Alex's eyes widen

The three of us watch as he runs around the studio and gets ready before mumbling a quick 'See you later' and vanishing.

"I'm going back to sleep" Reggie yawns, pushing me off the couch and laying on it

"What the—"

"I can't go back to sleep now" Luke pouts as soon as we hear Reggie snore

"Same here" I glare at the sleeping bassist and get up, helping Luke up too

"We can go to the beach" He suggests, heading to the back of the studio to pick up his acoustic guitar

"That sounds good"

I agree, grabbing his journal from where it laid on the piano, I push it in my bag before swinging it over my shoulder. I lean down to grab my skateboard and wait by the door as Luke walks over while he pulls a flannel on. Walking on the driveway, I get on top of the skate.

"Hop on"

"We'll break it" Luke shakes his head, turning to look at me as he walks backwards down the street

"Don't be a party popper" I pout "I have another one, come on"

"Elly, we're gonna fall" He stops walking

"Do you trust me?" I cross my arms

"Yeah" He smiles, his dimples making me smile too "I trust you too much"

"I won't break your heart, I promise" I joke, skating around him and he chuckles softly "Just hop on, we'll be fine. We'll even get to the beach quicker"

I stop in front of him and extend my hand. Sighing, he puts his feet next to mine on the board and I wrap my arm around him to keep us steady as I push us through the streets.

"See? It's not that bad" I laugh, looking around in case some car comes out of nowhere

Not that it'd make much damage but still

"Y-yeah"

His stuttering makes me look up at him, his cheeks are flushed and he smiles almost shyly when he sees me looking at him. I look over his shoulder, feeling his arms wrap around my waist and our chests press together as I force us both to lean to do a turn, I can feel my cheeks heat up.
Not even 1 minuter later, we get to the beach and the board hits the sidewalk, sending us both to the ground. We fall next to each other and laugh loudly.
Luke pushes himself off the ground and pulls me up, grabbing the skate from the ground as I clean my jeans.
We walk on the sand and take a seat closer to the shore, I pull the journal out of the bag and Luke pulls the acoustic guitar from his back to his chest.

I had noticed Luke was hesitant whenever it came to someone touching his notebook so whenever I had it in my hand, I made sure to open it on a blank page without looking at the others and with that he had grown to trust me more, not only didn't he watch me while I had it anymore, he would easily come to me and show me the songs in it.

"Do you have any new songs?" He starts, giving me his puppy eyes

"I want to show one of my mom's but only if you show me one too"

"Deal" Luke nods but I notice the hesitation

"Really?" I smile

"Yeah, but it stays between us"

"Of course" I nod rapidly and pull the lose paper from the notebook "I wrote a new one but I won't show you until it's completely done"

"Hopefully it doesn't take too long"