C͛H͛A͛P͛T͛E͛R͛ T͛W͛E͛N͛T͛Y͛ E͛I͛G͛H͛T͛

After I was sorted out and free of the mess, Madam Pomfrey walked me to transfiguration, probably scared I would lose consciousness due to the blood loss. Which is coming from the most strangest place!

*this story is terrible loLOl I'M SORRY IDK HOW TO MAKE IT GOOD. SO EMBARRASSING..*

"Hi Hazza!" I whisper yelled to him as I sat on the free seat at the table he was working at. "What did Professor Lockhart want with you?"
"He thinks I'm obsessed with attention, wanting to sign autographs and everything."
"What?" I replied, unable to hold back the laughs.
"It's not funny." He turned and looked me straight in the eyes with a very serious expression. And then let out a chuckle. "Okay, maybe it's a little funny. He's definitely delusional, thinking I want his spotlight. Anyway, what are we doing today?"
"Harry, you've been in this lesson for 15 minutes, I've just arrived."
"True, true, very true. So does that mean you don't know what we're doing?"
"You won't get anywhere in life unless you start signing autographs right now." I joked as I read the contents on the board at the front of the class. "See? We have to turn a beetle into a button. Hm, that seems like insect abuse."
"Okay....so you just aim your wand at the beetle?"
"I suspect there's a spell you have to say to do the, you know, transfiguring."
Harry stared at me for a good 30 seconds with his mouth wide open.
"Uh, what?"
"That's why this lesson is called transfiguration! Because we transfigure things into other things!"
"Oh my gosh. You seriously JUST figured it out?"
'𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒄 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒕..𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒍𝒚?'

"I-Uh..Not the point, the point IS we have to turn that beetle into a button, chop chop!"
"I'm not picking that insect up, you do it."
"No, you."
"No, you."
"No, you."
"Harry."
"Y/n."
"Pick. Up. The. Beetle."
"No."
"Yes."
"No."
"Yes."

"FINE!" He got up, walked to the box of beetles and came back with one.
"No need to shout."
"Er, what do I do now?"
"Put it down."
"We spent 5 minutes of arguing who was going to pick it up JUST for me to put it down?"
"Uh...yes?"
"You are unbelievable, wolfy."
"Shh!"
"What?"
"SHH!"
"Oh, oh." He dropped his voice into a whisper.
"Thankyou, Mr Potter."
'𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒂 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒕 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒕.'

"Heyyy little beetle bee. What's your name?" I got to eye level, my chin resting on the table and staring straight at the beetle
"Uh, what are you doing?"
"Communicating, be quiet. Psst, beetle! Do you have a name?"
"Yes."
"Cool! What is it?"
"Um.. She's gone a bit loopy."
"I can still hear you, Harry."
"My name is Bertie."
"That is a very nice name for a very lovely beetle!."

☀︎︎TEN MINUTES OF BEETLE COMMUNICATION LATER☀︎︎

"Ahem! Watch me."
Harry stood up straight, aimed his wand at the beetle and.... missed. White lights shot out of the tip of his wand as the beetle raced around the table, dodging every light that shot at it.
"Ah, very good, Hazza."
"I'd like to see you do better little dragon."
"Okay! Watch me!"
This time, I stood up straight, aiming my wand at the beetle and... oh. It's dead.
"You killed it!"
"Noooo it was dead before I even done anything! YOU must have killed it from fright. I TOLD YOU THIS WAS INSECT ABUSE!"
"What is going on over- Oh dear, who killed this beetle?" Professor McGonagall was looking down her nose at the both of us, immediately we pointed fingers at eachother. "I see." And she walked away.
"Sooo.... what should we do with...this dead beetle?" Harry asked as we both slumped back down into our seats.
"Throw a funeral."
"For a beetle?"
"Yes."
"We didn't even know its name."
"Yes we did-Uh, I did!"
"What? The beetle actually spoke to you?"
"Yes, duh."
"I don't believe you."
"HER name was Bertie! Now, let's pay our respects."
"....Fine."
"Good, now hold my hands."
"I don't think you hold hands at funerals."
"We do at beetle funerals."
"Ah, of course. How could I not realise? ."
"A moment of silence, please."