Seventeen: Rose Colored Glasses

Start from the beginning

"When you said that you didn't want to come with me it made me realize that I can't, and don't want to, make you do everything my slightly impulsive brains thinks of. I felt so selfish for assuming you'd want to go to Vegas too.

"I guess it made me wonder if I was making this easier or harder for you," he continues to explain, his voice is calm. "I don't want to put you in situations that make you uncomfortable and I felt like for a moment I took you for granted. I didn't even think about you saying no to me, and I thought I was doing you a favor by going anyways... that way you didn't have to worry about saying no, so you didn't have to think twice about being happy."

I stare at him for a few seconds, soaking in everything he's just said to me and I find it impossible to form words. So instead of trying to struggle with mostly incoherent thoughts, I kiss him.

Grabbing onto his cheek, I lean down to press my lips into his. He seems surprised at first, not expecting for this to be my reaction or for it to be as forceful as it is, but it doesn't take him long to warm up and soon enough he's kissing me back.

It's a hungry kiss, like one that we meant to do much sooner instead of spending most the day apart from each other. Our breathing becomes heavy, my hair trapping us as I lean over him. And even though there isn't any room to breathe, Harry pulls me in closer.

I decide that breathing is overrated anyways.

Eventually it slows down to soft pecks on the lips and our noses rubbing together as our smiles become one. I feel his arms around my waist, my body on top of his, as he slowly lets go of me, moving his hands up my sides with his fingertips tickling against my skin.

"What was that for, pretty girl?" he chuckles, his hand moves to push a piece of hair away from my face. "If that was your way of saying that I have no idea what I'm talking about then maybe I should be clueless more often, because that was... wow."

"You don't know what you're talking about," I laugh quietly, kissing him once more. "Believe me, you make things easier... absolutely wonderful as a matter of fact. You're like rose colored glasses, only better... more real, less deceiving."

"I like that," he nods, breathing out deeply before repeating the words. "Rose colored glasses... I can take on that job."

"Good," I laugh again. "Because you're already recruited."

We smile at each other, our eyes blinking at the same time and eventually I have to look away so I don't give in to another undying want to kiss him again. My head falls back on to his chest, breathing in as I try to calm myself down, and I feel his chest rumble with soft laughter as he observes my attempts to remain cool. His hand brushes through my hair again, managing to avoid the tangles and it does the trick of relaxing me back into him.

It's strange to me how right this feels considering I've never been this close, or even slightly intimate, with a boy before. I'm as inexperienced as they come to something like this. The only cuddling I've ever done was either with Laurel when she's been so drunk she can barely function or when Blair was younger and scared of thunder storms.

I've never been in bed with a boy, not in this way at least, and I've certainly never felt comfortable enough to lie on top of them, digging my head into their chest like I'm doing with Harry right now. It feels like this should be awkward or uncomfortable for me, like I should be unsure of my every move, but I don't feel this way. It feels like a breath of fresh air, one I've been desperately searching for.

There is no way to explain, or even really justify, the feelings I have for Harry. I knew from the moment I laid eyes on him he was special, it was obvious that he has an incredible aura about him, and it didn't take me long to realize that he would be a changing force in this new life of mine. But I don't think I could have predicted just how strongly I would feel toward him, especially after such a short amount of time of him being a part of everything.