Epilogue

Hi, it's Greta- Harry stop. Sorry I missed your call- Harry seriously. I won't be able to call back because I'm out of the country...

And too busy loving me.

Harry.

Sorry... anyways you can leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

"Hi, it's Laurel... you know, your best friend, you know, who you never tell anything to? I swear to God, Greta, with the amount of times I come home to see a note on the kitchen counter telling me you and your gorgeous, spontaneous, boyfriend are off in some other country living it up... probably eating chocolate strawberries off each other for all I know, you'd think the two of you would begin to tell me when you plan these trips.

"I live in the same house as you guys, you'd think it'd be easy enough to walk down the hallway and tell me you'll be gone for a week. But no, I come home from work to a letter with my name on it and a wide eyed, Toby, wagging his tail at me. He's your dog... and he's still a puppy, I'm sure he misses his mom and dad, AKA you two.

"Okay, okay... I'll admit I like hanging out with Toby, makes my sad life feel a little less sad. Because I'm comparing myself to you and Harry who travel to strange places in the world, and kiss while you make coffee in the morning and all the other sickening couple stuff you two engage in. And here I am, single and cuddling with a dog.

"I'm just a little bitter... a little. You could at least take me with you every once in a while. I promise to leave you alone so you guys can have sex. Okay, please be safe. I love both of you and I'm expecting a gift when you come home. I think I deserve it since I'm always left out. Call me when you can!"

...

"Laurel's mad at us again," I turn to Harry with my phone in my hand.

He's sitting at the head of the bed with messy hair and sleepy eyes, white sheets engulfing the bottom half of his body as his shirtless, tan, chest taunts me. The big window behind him is open, shutters blocking some of the sun. But it leaves enough open so I can see the view of blue sky and blue water over the cliff, giving Harry a backdrop that's almost as gorgeous as him.

I quickly snap a picture of him on my phone, fast enough so he doesn't have a chance to hide under the covers. I like trying to capture our travels, typically with poor quality photos... but the ones that Harry isn't realizing I'm taking are always my favorite.

"Hmm, yeah?" he asks as rubs his eyes, laughing a little. "What is it this time? We left her a note."

"Two notes," I smile at him, shaking my head. "Same as normal though," I crawl up to him, setting my phone on the side table before resting my head on his chest and cuddling into him. "Thinks we should take her with us next time we decide to randomly leave Portland. She promised to give us time alone so could have sex," I laugh, shaking my head at her words.

"Girl drives a tough bargain," Harry laughs too, squeezing onto me a little tighter. "May have to arrange something then. You like it here?"

Here is a place on the Mediterranean, warm and bright. I've always known Harry was a romantic, but he continuously outdoes himself, our trips often more extravagant as we get older. This one happened to be a surprise for me. I woke up in the morning, ready to repeat the daily grind when Harry popped two plane tickets in front of my face and said we were going away for a few days.

It doesn't always happen like this, sometimes I'm the one who does the surprising... other times we are just talking over breakfast and decide to hop in the car until we feel like stopping and then sleep in a tent for a few nights. It's rarely planned and it always reminds me of how Harry and I started.