The Debate

~•~

Rose came into the living room and sat down next to her husband with a, "Oof," as she held her swelling stomach with her hands. The Doctor, who was watching TV, wrapped his arm around her.

"You know," said Rose quietly, "we still need to come up with a suitable name for..." She gestured her eyes down to her belly. He switched off the TV lazily and turned his head towards her.

"Yup!" He exclaimed, poping the "p" as usual. "I already have a bloody good list in mind," he said proudly. "Oh! You do? And what amazing names does the oh, so mighty TimeLord have in mind?" asked Rose playfully.

"Well... I, personally, believe we should name her with someone associated with our travels..." "What? Your not gonna name her Donna, are you?" The Doctor swallowed hard. "No. Definitely not Donna." Feeling guilty, Rose sat back against the couch. The Doctor flashed a crooked grin, "What about we name her after a flower like you?"

"What! Us? Name her a flower?" asked Rose flabbergasted. "Why not? I like flowers, Flowers are cool."

Rose gave him a look. He seemed to be changing a bit lately.

"What if it's a boy?" she asked.

"Oh! Umm I don't know how about a name that begins with an 'R'?" "A 'R'. Right... Like what?" The Doctor laid back placing a hand on her tummy drawing circles. "I was thinking of Ricky-"

"Ricky!?" Rose cried, rolling her eyes. The Doctor laughed and patted her bump. "I was joking!"

"Listen," he reasoned, "what about Ryan, or Ronald, or Rory?"

"Were are you getting those names, Doctor?" laughed Rose.

"Ryan... Old friend of mine. Ron... Harry Potter!" He smiled, "and Rory... I don't know it just came to me." Rose sighed. "What about Jack?"

The Doctor winced.

"No. Please no. Not Jack." He imagined a flirtatious boy making those cheeky grins at every girl he passed, wiggling his eyebrows. His eyes widened. The horror. No. Just no.

"Ah come on, Doctor!" Cried Rose, "I always liked that name!"

"That's what I thought," he mumbled.

"What about Peter?"

"Umm... Doctor?" she asked quietly looking into his eyes. "Can we call him by a Gallifreynian name?" He swallowed.

"Do you really want to sing a long and complicated tune every time we call him down to eat? Let alone teach him to write his long algebraic circular name on a piece of paper that can only be deciphered by a full blood TimeLord?" he asked in a lame tone.

Rose was silent.

"Ok. Just thought we can squeeze your planet of origin in there somewhere."

"So, Rose. What are you gonna name your baby?" he concluded. She gulped.

~•~