Chapter 1: Everything's the same... or maybe not

My morning began the same as any other. The same ringing of my alarm clock going off at the same time every morning. The same trek to the bathroom, which then carried on to the same journey to the kitchen. I ate the same breakfast cereal, out of the same bowl(obviously washed everyday), and then began my homework.

I sat at the white marble worktop, and desperately tried to finish my music composition. I sat for ten minutes, endlessly tap my pencil on my manuscript, trying to think of a new song. But nothing came to me. It was if all the tunes that could ever be made, had been used.

This was the first change of my life. Composer's-block. It completely sucked.

I decided to leave my composition, and went up to my room. The LA sunshine glistened through my window, hitting the silver walls. My room had only two colours. Silver and purple, my favourite colours. I shut my door and went to my wardrobe to choose today's outfit. I decided to be bold, and where a red dress with red heels.

I sat down in front of my dressing table, and looked into my Tiffany mirror. I looked at my naturally dried hair. It was dark from the wetness, but nearly dry, so the srawberry-blondeness began to show threw. I decided not to brush my hair to throughly today, because the natural wavy look was really suiting me. I put on some gold jewellry, with amber jewels. This was basically the only kind of jewellry, seeing as my name is Amber. Kind of ironic, my parents named me that because of my eyes. After sorting out my outfit and accessories, I did my make up. Nothing much, just eyeliner, mascara and a tiny bit of blusher, I'm not usually too bothered by it.

After getting ready, I walked back down to the kitchen, where I saw my parents sitting where I sat this morning. This was strange, because usually they leave for work before I even wake up, and then I see them briefly at night, when my mum makes a delicious meal. My mum is a chef, and the runner of a very prestigious 5 star restaurant. My dad runs a bank, and is sincerly strict. He thinks everything is perfect, so mme and him don't get on too well. I mainly just wait for my best friend to come round mine, before we walk to school. This day, was just completely different, it didn't feel right, in any way...

"Hi sweetie, how are you feeling?"asked Mum. "I see you've left your composition book out, don't leave it lying about, someone might take your idea's."She said, winking at me.

I smiled. "Hey Mum. I'm fine thank you. I didn't mean to leave it, I just couldn't think of anything to write, so I left it here and just went to get ready. Now, what are you both doing home?"

Mum looked at me with a smile. It was different.

"We, as in me and your Dad, have a surprise for you."

Dad suddenly seemed involved. He took two large steps towards me.

"Yes, a surprise. You see, the thing is darling, I'm being transferred. To England."

I froze. The was completely different, I didn't think I could deal.

"What? You're moving to England?!"

Mum laughed. Her smile was so large, I swear you couldn't see the corners of her lips.

"No, I wouldn't let him. We ALL moving to England!"

At this point, I thought I was going to faint. I didn't want to move.

"Bu- bu- but what about my friends? My school? My life..."

"Oh don't be so overly dramatic," Dad said. "Your only 17. Your life hasnt even begun. We're moving to England. You will have to say goodbye to your friends, but you can see them in summer holidays, and maybe other times. You'll have to leave your school, and go to a college in England. And you can create your life over there, and make a happy start. You can make a good enough start as I did over there, maybe even go to the same college."

"Dad, you went to a college down your road because your parents could afford to send you anywhere good enough, unqoute."

"Oh darling please don't get worked up to badly. Just be glad that you have this oppurtunity." said Mum.

Then, my Dad said something that shocked me the most.

"You can go to school today, and for the rest of the week. We've spoken to the school, this is your last week here in LA."