1

Resettling and living in an urban area isn't gonna be an easy thing for Mia to do, but she had to. After losing both of her parents in a car accident, she needed to sustain her own needs. After that incident, she didn't know what to do. Being as the only child, she's all by herself now. She became frustrated and eventually became depressed. She spent a week to mourn on her parents' death; didn't dare to speak to anyone nor to eat in time and drastically skipped her classes.

"Come on, Mia. Uncle and auntie would be mad at me if I won't look after you."
"Jaehyun, I can take care of myself for sure and I'm not your responsibility. I can do this. Trust me."
"What if no? What if something might happen to you in that busy and crowded place, huh?"
"Stop treating me as if I'm still a baby. I'm 20 now. Just two more years and I can graduate already. I can just find a sideline job there while I'm working my ass off in my studies."
"Aish fine, fine. I'm just gonna agree on that but in one condition."
"What?"
"Come back home immediately if you're struggling already on living there. I'm gonna take you back here by myself."

She didn't want to be a burden to his childhood bestfriend, Jaehyun. He offered her to just live with him and his family but she refused. Sure, they weren't blood related but they treated each other as their own siblings. They spent their childhood days hanging out with each other almost everyday. Went to the same schools; from pre-school to highschool. But as they reached college, they both took different courses but that didn't stop them from hanging out after dismissals.

She really had to have a little bickering with him before he finally agreed. She just ignored that last thing he said; as if that would stop her anyway. Yes, she is that stubborn.

But before that conversation of them happened, she already dropped out from her former school and needed to leave her friends too. She already packed her things too as she was determined to do her plan. There were no opportunities awaiting for her on their old place. It would be hard but as long as she can survive, she'll try.

But what she didn't know was, the life there wouldn't be as easy as what she expected it would be; she has to live in a new environment, do a lot of adjustments and meet new and different people.

And also deal with a lot of circumstances that she never imagined would happen to her.

This is gonna be a long ass ride then, she thought.