I Like You, I Think

Start from the beginning

I felt a complete hot flush rush over me as he spoke, "Y-you think I'm pretty?"

He looked at me as if I'd asked the most obvious question in the world, "I think you're dumb that it took you this long to realise," he replied sheepishly, looking away from me.

I looked away as well, slightly embarrassed because it kind of felt like he was giving me a lecture at the same time as complimenting me. "Thank you, I think?" I was trying desperately to remember at which point this man became so bold.

"You're welcome, although, I think you might give Noya a haemorrhage if you wear that," he said as he gestured to my skirt which, I did have to admit, was on the short side.

"Nothing he can't handle, he sees me in my uniform enough."

"That's a bit tighter than a uniform, (Y/N)," he blushed, stating the obvious.

I furiously blushed in retaliation to his blush, "W-well! Whatever! Are you trying to get me to change? You're acting like Daichi!" I huffed, sounding a bit annoyed but I wasn't really.

"No! I think you look great, sorry if I made you doubt that," he laughed, putting his hand behind his head and rubbing nervously. 'What if it was you that I wanted to have the haemorrhage, Suga?'

How did he have such a capacity to make me a quivering, embarrassed mess all of the damn time? Like, I knew I was into him but he would just always get one over on me no matter what. Little did he know I was wearing what I was to try and set him off, but I guess he saw right through it.

"Well, thank you." In truth, I was actually starting to get a little bit annoyed about the flirtation that ensued from Suga and I's conversations lately. I tried not to think about it and walked into the living room, where everything was set up for the night. There was some alcohol on the table which left me wondering when Daichi had become a drinker. He was in the kitchen, bringing out the last platters of snacks and was wearing his nice shirt.

"Looking very fancy for the boys, aren't we?" I teased him as he walked through and took a seat on the couch, turning on the music speaker.

"Says you...in fact. I'm not even gonna say a thing about what you're wearing," he sighed, he looked completely like our dad in that moment.

I smiled, finding his protectiveness cute, "And that's cause you know better! Now, where the hell is everyone?"

As if they had been waiting for my queue, Tanaka, Nishinoya, Ennoshita, Narita and Kinnoshita showed up at the door, knocking a couple of times. I only knew it was them because I could hear a certain two of them being particularly loud. Daichi stood up to open the door for the boys and they all came in and took of their shoes, saying hello to Daichi, Suga; who had just came out of his room and I.

"Hey, guys! Come in and grab a seat," I smiled at them, "Tanaka, you're on AUX duty!" I reminded him as I led them into the living room.

I could feel Nishinoya staring at me harshly, when he spoke, "(Y/N)! You look amazing! Pretty, even!" he shouted pretty loudly, resulting in Daichi giving him a death glare straight to his back.

"Thank you, Noya," I laughed at him, seeing his face light up.

"See," he spoke to Ennoshita, "She doesn't ignore me like Kiyoko."

Ennoshita deadpanned, "There's no chance in hell," he said seriously, leaving Noya in a sad state.

"You've ruined the party and it hasn't even started, dumbass!" Noya shouted back at him whilst we all laughed at their little spat.

"Well, this is going to be a long night," Daichi admitted, settling himself down on the couch and taking a beer.

"Since when do you drink?" I questioned.