Chapter 12: Admission

Back with the girls, Gemerl and the chao, after they're done preparing food, Rouge noticed the blush on Destinee's cheeks and walked up to her teasing,"Ooooh, someone's got feelings for a ninja. Or should I say 'guardian'?".

Her face heated up and denied,"What?! No I don't! We're just friends, who've been getting along so well".

"Sure you're just friends, but what if you're more than that?", asked Amy,"You two seem to be getting along really well".

"Well, sure, um...", Destinee trailed off embarrased about what she's going to say.

"Don't you remember what the prophecy said a week ago: 'the Wallflower Ninja and the guardian will realize how much they feel for each other'?", asked Cream.

"Which means you and Espio will end up together romantically", stated Runa.

"Chao-chao-chao-chao", each of the chao said.

Destinee sighed, looked down and guessed,"It seems like they want me to admit it".

"Yes, they can tell by how you've been acting around him", said Runa.

"Oh, come on, Des! Please tell us!", Amy convinced her.

"Tell us! Please!", each of the girls convinced Destinee.

After a while of convincing, Destinee warned them,"Alright, I'll tell you, but promise me not to tell anyone about it".

"Our lips are sealed", said Rouge as others nodded at her reply.

She sighed and admitted a moment later,"Since you insist, I do love Espio. We've been friends ever since we first met, but I've had that kind of feeling ever since we both retrieved the Golden Dragon. I'm not sure if I could tell Espio how I feel as I'm afraid that it might ruin our friendship".

"Don't worry, hon. We'll give you some advices", Rouge encouraged her.

"Are you sure?", asked Destinee,"I mean, my father taught me that if you want to fit in, you have to be yourself".

"That's what I'm going to tell you, Destinee", said Vanilla,"You can't work this out if you want to be someone you're not".

"Affirmative. I know you two will work it out and you'll be there for each other no matter what happens", stated Gemerl.

This caused Destinee to smile warmly and looked at the others,"Thanks, everyone. You really mean a lot to me".

"You're welcome", they replied as the door open so suddenly and it was revealed to be Sonic.

"Hey, guys. Thanks for helping with the food. If you wanna know where to celebrate Thanksgiving, it'll be at the park", he said as he used his speed powers to bring food to the table he set at the park.

The girls, the chao and Gemerl all looked at each other surprised.

The park. That's where I trained myself to become a ninja and where I first met Espio and the rest of the Chaotix, Destinee thought.

"So that just happened", said Amy.

Back with the boys and Omega, Sonic already set the food on the table with his super speed and the setting of a Thanksgiving event is done (at least that's what he thought).

After that, he turned to the others,"Looks like the party's all set. Now, the girls, Gemerl and our chao friends will come here and celebrate with us and discuss what we're thankful for".

"We're almost ready Sonic", said Tails holding up a plug on his left hand and a plug-like socket on his right hand,"We still need to light up the only decorations we have. Well, besides the banner of course".

With that being said, he put a plug on a socket and lights began to glow around the party. Everyone watched in awe as colors of red, yellow, green and blue glowed and appeared around the whole set up. Espio smiled warmly as the party went exactly as planned.

Then, he heard Vector calling him,"Hey, Espio. I see you're face has been red after you hang up a banner. I bet it's about Destinee, isn't it?".

"No, Vector. We talked about this. It's best not to bring this up and let our relationship develop naturally", he replied.

"You gotta admit it! You two would make a cute couple!", said Charmy.

"I agree", said Sonic,"We all found that out ever since we read the prophecy".

"And we've all been waiting to make your move for a week. And you're gonna admit it. You do love her that much, right?", Tails teased,"And plus, even Omega recognized it as a romantic attraction".

"Affirmative", Omega agreed.

"We will not tell anyone about your feelings", Shadow simply said.

After a while of convincing, Espio admitted,"Okay, you got me. I do have feelings for Destinee, but don't tell everyone else about it especially her because I'm going to keep this as a surprise".

"Don't worry, Espio. Your secret's safe with us", said Vector.

The others nodded in agreement as they waited for the girls, Gemerl and the chao to arrive for a Thanksgiving celebration.