The Bite-Chapter 2

- Harry looked up to see the person standing over him. It was the person that hated him most in Hogwarts. Draco Malfoy "Potter why in Merlin's beard are you crying?" Malfoy asked with his signature sneer "n-no reason summer was just rough"

Harry said in a distant voice that was cold. Harry stared out the window sadly as he thought of all the beatings he got this summer and of course the bite. Draco sneered "Don't lie to me Potter" Malfoy said trying to see through Harry's lies. Harry rolled his eyes slightly.

"look Malfoy I don't understand why your so curious as to why I'm crying when you've never cared about me before, but if I were you, I'd give up because I'm never going to tell you"

Harry said grumpily he than saw Draco become visibly mad Harry then flinched a little "you arrogant selfish brat I'm trying to help you. You know turn over a new leaf" Draco said storming out.

Harry sighed 'why is everyone so nosy' Harry thought to himself as he looked out the window. He then decided to get changed into his school robes. After he changed he sat down sadly he then drifted off to sleep. About two hours later he was awoken by two people arguing.

Harry groaned and their attention turned on him "Oh harry there you are why didn't you come find us?" Hermione said as she wrapped her arms around him tightly.

Ron chuckled "mione let him breath" Ron said with a smile. Harry smiled "hey guys sorry I didn't come find you I was just really tired" Harry said rubbing the back of his neck.

Then Ron patted Harry's shoulder the one that got bitten. Harry winced in pain and Ron quickly removed his hand "you all right mate?" Ron asked concerned "y-yeah just got bitten by a dog last night and mione don't worry I wrapped it properly" Harry said before hermione could fuss about it.

After an hour or two Harry could feel the train pull into a stop. Harry got up and grabbed a book and went to a carriage. After a minute or so a fifth year girl named Luna Lovegood stepped into his carriage

"Hello Harry were You bitten by a werewolf?" Luna asked and Harry froze. Luckily they were the only people in that carriage "h-how do you know?" Harry asked. Luna smiled warmly

"because  I can just smell the wolf but your lucky cause the nargarls don't like werewolves. Don't worry I won't tell anyone" She said and Harry relaxed. He could always count on Luna.

The carriage then started to move towards the castle and Harry allowed himself to relax.

They got to the great hall and sat down. When all the first years were sorted. Dumbledore did his usual speech but Harry didn't care. He wasn't even paying attention when the announced the new DADA teacher because he was reading. He read uninterrupted until Hermione tapped his shoulder

"Harry are you all right you didn't even listen for who the new DADA teacher was, instead you're just reading and not eating" Hermione said in a worried tone. Harry looked up and sighed "look Mione I'm fine okay just not hungry I'll see you in the common room" He said getting up and storming up to griffindor tower.

- Harry had started to pace around the common room. He was stressing about whether he should tell lupin about the bite. He knew lupin had to know and that it was wrong to keep this secret but he didn't know how lupin was going to react to the news.

Finally Harry decided to write to lupin and vaguely tell him what happened. Harry pulled out a roll of parchment and a quill feather and wrote:

- "Dear moony Please forgive my vagueness but I don't exactly feel comfortable writing about what happened this summer in the common room. You see what had happened is rather depressing and hard to describe without breaking down it took me a while to even write this. During the last day of summer I was taking a midnight stroll to clear my head after a brutal round of nightmares. I was in the park when I heard a rustle in the bushes and thought nothing of it. Then a werewolf jumped out and charged at me, it was very aggressive and I panicked and I bared my neck just like you said but a twig snapped and it bite me and the next full moon is in a month what do I do?"

-Harry read over the letter and decided it was good enough. So he rushed out of the common room right as Neville and the others came up to the portrait. He then bumped into Neville "oh hey Harry were are you going?" Neville asked Harry glanced around almost everyone was staring at him

"just up to the owl-rey I need to send a quick letter" Harry said as he rushed away up to the owl-rey. When he got there hedgwing immediately flew to him he smiled and attached the letter to her leg "make sure this gets to lupin and if anyone tries to intercept the letter fly faster or bite them as hard as you can" Harry said as he sent his owl off.

As he watched her figure get smaller and smaller he stared at the moon and sighed. Harry then started his walk back to the dorm when he ran into someone.

Without looking up he started to apologize frantically and find his glasses that fell. He then head the oh so familiar voice of Draco Malfoy "watch where you going Potter or next time I'll curse you into next year" he sneered at Harry. Harry looked up at Draco and blushed "s-sorry malfoy" he stammered and got up and sadly walked off to the dorm. When Harry got into his dorm he collapsed onto his bed and fell into a deep sleep.