CHAPTER TWENTY THREE ➳ FRED AND SAFFRON

Start from the beginning

Saff on the other hand, saw nothing but red— her eyes cold and fists clenched as she stomped down the cobblestone halls with the blonde. She had been overprotective of the Hufflepuff, especially since the yule ball, sceptical of Draco's antics and his whereabouts on the daily. She was aware the two didn't end things good enough before winter break, but didn't realise their breakup meant the younger Malfoy would become even more insane.

The twins stayed back, watching in horror as they soon realised their confession had sparked something much more serious. They were about to see their two best friends beat up Hogwarts' staple bully. . . this was going to be legendary.

Cedric hurried behind the two, panic in his eyes at the sight before him. There he saw the abuser's sister and his current love, ready to go in for the kill. He sighed knowingly, shaking his head as he rushed up to make way in between them.

"Guys. . . come on," he murmured, catching up to them both and turning around— stopping the two younger girls dead in their tracks. He blocked them both for a moment, going full overprotective mode and crossing his arms accordingly. "What are you going to do? Murder the boy?"

"Yes?" Saff spat back, obviously not impressed with Cedric in this moment of time. She adored this boy, but he tended to act very weak during these types of situations. She believed Draco needed to be taught a lesson.

The caramel haired boy rolled his eyes, reaching a hand out to place it upon her shoulder. Rhianna watched from afar cautiously, curious as to what was about to happen. Ced raised a brow, honestly scared for the both of them. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Ced. . . my love." She began, reaching her hands up to grab his robe. The brunette gave a small smirk, tilting her head innocently to try and comfort the other. "I'm already going to hell, I'm trying to get a good spot."

And with that— her hands fell immediately, her palm now tapping Cedric's cheek playfully before pushing past him, Rhianna now following behind her eagerly. Her statement left the Hufflepuff both stunned, yet also satisfied. Saff was the bold type, not letting a single person stand in her way: even if that person was her almost boyfriend.

He trusted her. She's got this.

The two managed to reach the Great Hall, Cedric and the twins stumbling behind and leaning against the door, the three boys catching their breaths as they watched the girls head forward. They knew that Draco had a big storm coming. Not only was his sister coming for him, their strongest and most bold friend was ready to curb stomp him like there's no tomorrow.

The blonde could be sighted on the other end of the hall, walking to his place at the Slytherin table. Blaise and Pansy were waiting for him at a bench only a few feet away from him, too bad he wouldn't have time to greet them due to the wrath that was coming his way.

"Ayo— Malfoy!" Saff screamed, leading the way as Rhi followed behind her. The boy's eyes widened as they took in how big this was going to be, the whole hall falling silent as eyes stared upon that of the boy.

The blonde perked up, noticing the swarm of both Saff and his sister coming his way. His gaze focused upon the boys staying back timidly, a small smile appearing upon his face.

"You got your bitches to fight for you? Pathetic, really." He called out to them, Cedric and the twins stunned by his words, as they approached the scene.

Rhianna's brows furrowed, not even believing the words that had come from his mouth. "What the fuck did you just call me? I'm your sister!"

"Not anymore you're not. . . not after you chose these muggleborns and blood traitors over your own family."