She wears a slight smirk and unfolds the crumpled paper. "It belongs to the trash now. Or was suppose to until you hit me with it Kageyama." Her eyes glance over the paper and she giggles softly to herself. "To think our star setter is flunking his classes."

Kageyama clenches his teeth together and grabs the paper from her. He balls it up again and correctly tosses it away.

"S-Shut up." Sulking and grumbling to himself, he tries to change up the conversation. "Where's Hinata? He's not glued to you today?"

Y/L/N shakes her head and holds up a book. "I have some studying to do today. Hinata's not a fan of quiet places like the library so I'm going to be alone for the remainder of free period."

"Oh." Is all Kageyama can say in response. Y/L/N awkwardly stands there, twirling her finger around her hair. She purses her lips, her eyes easily express that she wants to say something else but she's too nervous to ask Kageyama directly.

He's not one to beat around the bush so he calls her out on it. "Is there something else you want to say before you go?"

She perks up when he notices. Nodding her head with a small smile she points to her book. "I can help you study if you need help getting your grades up."

Why would she do that for him?

The two hardly are friends. They only know each other because of Hinata.

"Is there a motive behind this?" Kageyama asks her with a steely gaze. She looks taken aback from his cold tone.

"Not exactly. I just thought I could offer to help you study since we're friends. But, maybe I'm wrong?" Her words become a whisper and she apologizes for assuming their friendship. She tries to hold back the frown that easily plasters on her face. Unlike Kageyama, Y/L/N loosely shows her emotions.

Kageyama bites his tongue when he realizes his words sound much harsher than he wanted it to appear. Y/L/N walks past him with her book closely embraced to her chest. She practically runs away from him.

"Wait!" Kageyama shouts out to her but she doesn't stop. She only quickens her feet towards the library. Clicking his tongue, Kageyama hurries after her.

Was Y/L/N always this fast?

She should rethink about joining a club and sign up for the track team. Kageyama manages to grab hold of her shoulder before she enters the library. "Did you not hear me say wait?" His chest heaves up and down harshly while he tries to catch his breath. Kageyama pinches the bridge of his nose.

"I did." Y/L/N mutters under her breath.

"Then why did you keep running?"

"To not get scolded by you again?" She innocently answers him with wavering eyes. He sighs under his breath. Y/L/N hasn't grown accustomed to his sharp tongue and it's not something she should grow used to. He's the one that needs to find better words and the correct tone to reply with.