"What do you think you'll smell?" he heard her whisper in his ear, trying to sound husky. He shrugged.

"'Prolly something Quidditch related, maybe the generic scent of the girls' dorm. You know how much I love the ladies," he winked at her. Next to them Prongs and Moony were done and had summoned Slughorn over. It wasn't surprising. After all, James' father was Fleamont Potter, master Potioneer and inventor of the Sleakeezy formula. Prongs was tied for the top student position in the class with Evans.

"Potter m'boy, done already I see," Slughorn exclaimed, stopping at their table. "Come on now, smell it. We'll know if it works only if you two smell different things - or dare I say the same? Oh dear, that would be quite the love triangle," the older man chuckled.

Next to Kelsey, Lily and Mary stopped to look at Potter while she continued to add her finishing touches.

Lily watched curiously a little scared. What was she afraid of? The fact that perhaps his infatuation with her was just that - an obsession? The thought made her feel off.

"I smell," Potter leaned over and closed his eyes. "The Quidditch field, parchment and...the library?!" he said the last bit out in surprise.

Kelsey giggled at the revelation. "No surprise there," she nudged Lily who blushed. The number of times they heard Lily complaining that Potter was in the library again distracting her only for them to find out he would quietly be doing his own work.

Sirius and Dorcas rushed to finish theirs as well.

Couldn't hurt to smell, Sirius thought as he looked at Remus take a whiff and put a name to his Amortentia. Like Prongs, Sirius closed his eyes and inhaled. It was pleasant..mostly: The dingy scent of a broom closet, oranges, and musty old inky paper?

What even smelled like that - his thoughts landed on the heavily coloured comic books Jones was always reading with worn pages. As if surprised he inhaled sharply again, choking on the fumes making Dorcas thump his back in worry.

"Professor," Dorcas called out. She thumped him again, shoving his face closer to the potion. Sirius got another whiff. Oranges. Memories of their first day at Hogwarts where Jones had hit him in the back of his head and flipped him the finger. He also recalled it as her shampoo from a few days ago when he had her cornered in the corridor.

No, it can't be. Sirius was certain that he had been enchanted.

"I think I'm going to be sick," he wheezed.

"Oh dear, best be off to the Hospital Wing-" Sirius was out of his seat and rushing out the door before Slughorn finished his sentence.

Ϟ

Kelsey watched in distress as Sirius rushed out of the class.

"Do you think I should go? We had plans.." she heard Dorcas ask Remus who shook his head in a no. She scoffed and turned her attention back to her own potion. It seems that he had enough people worrying about him. He'd be fine.

"What do you smell?" Kelsey asked Astrid who just blushed in response without revealing anything. With a sigh, she decided to find out hers. The scent was stronger now. She focused on trying to pin it: chocolate, some odd cologne - she couldn't place where she had smelt it - and wet dog? The last bit threw her off. She shuddered just as the class ended and bottled it up for labeling.

As she approached Sughorn's desk to place her vial for assessment, Lily passed her by looking lost in thought.

Kelsey grabbed her by the upper arm. "Hey, you good?" she stopped her.