"i saw him at his apartment two weeks ago." mingi tells the truth. that was the last time he had seen yunho.. maybe not necessarily at his dorm though.

"doesn't he have a roommate? wouldn't the roommate know about what happened?"

"no. yunho was alone in the apartment... well yes he has a roommate. but jongho wasn't home that day and he said something about wanting to leave quietly and without a trace." mingi manages to let a tear slip out of his tear duct, like the liar he had so carefully built himself up to be.

did he feel bad? of course. wooyoung was genuinely one of his closest friends and seeing him upset did trigger mingi to feel a twang in his heart. he felt for the younger who is pulled away from mingi by his boyfriend towards a booth, where they sit down and discuss between each other.

but he pushes his emotions to the side because what's done is done and it was a necessary evil that just meant he finally got the one thing he had been working months to get. it definitely wasn't pleasant but he would've done anything.. anything.. just so he had his way. and it was simply a means to an end that he has now successfully achieved.

with a pout on his face to make things that much more believable, he saunters over to seonghwa and starts to set up his station, cleaning up some of the things that the new employees had failed to put in the correct place.

"is it true mingi-yah?" seonghwa mumbles when he stands beside the taller to finish drying some of the blenders. "about yunho?"

mingi stays silent for a moment.

seonghwa was the only one who knew mingi well enough to see through his apparition. it wasn't that mingi told the older or anything, he's never told a soul of the horrors that reside in his home but seonghwa paid attention to every little detail and caught on to the fact that mingi was hiding something that everyone else was not even remotely aware of.

it seemed that he believed the part about mingi visiting his mother, completely untrue by the way, but was certainly suspicious about yunho.

the business owner was well aware of mingi's... tendencies. but he quickly assumed they were fading when yunho appeared in the picture.

he'd never seen mingi so.. calm. not jittery and relaxed. especially after a session, he would become a whole different person for a few days and then he'd return to his usual self right afterwards.

he'd be on the balls of his feet, jumpy, ready to leap ten feet out of his skin. or completely void of energy and care, showing up to work late with the laziest attitude. and with yunho there, it all just stopped. mingi was energetic, like a puppy with a spring in his step usually. yunho brought this side of him more than anyone before.

and now with yunho gone, seonghwa's mind must've been working over time trying to piece together why their most loyal and consistent customer didn't show up the past weeks.

he thought that yunho had fixed mingi. that there would no longer be those large mood swings or insane bipolar-esque behaviours.

but perhaps fixed was too strong of a presumption and mingi had never truly erased those tendencies. yunho was simply the longest fixation he's had that allowed him to keep calm for the past year and it's taken him this long to finally quit.