Chapter Twenty-Nine: Training Camp #3

Start from the beginning

I hum, standing up and wiping the peeping blood from my arms and cheeks, "I hope we get to relax. I'm freaking dying over here."

I hear a voice from a few feet away from me. "Get up, dumbass." Bakugou spits out to me, letting out an explosion after he speaks, "You're not here to sit and whine the whole entire time."

Looking over to him, I roll my eyes and huff, "I know that, Katsu'."

"Then fucking stop. It gets annoying." He retorts, wiping the sweat from his forehead.

He'd be super hot in this situation if he wasn't being such an ass to me right now.

I look away and rub the back of my neck. The wind blows against my face and I let out a breath, "If you shut up more often, you would be a heartthrob, Katsuki." I lean my chin in my palm and grin at him. "Don't you think?"

Bakugou's eye twitches at me.

"I hope you fucking pass out." He growls at me.

"I hope you get lost in the test of courage." I respond.

I get up and continue to train, just like everyone else in Class A and B.

Later That Day . . .

I grab the bowls of vegetables and place them in front of the cutting board I was using.

"You okay, Eijiro?" I ask, bumping my hip with his. I pick up my knife and begin to cut the potatoes. "You look like you're about to pass out."

Kirishima beside me yawns quietly before blinking a few times. He retorts, "I'm just sleepy. I had five hours of sleep and I am not okay. But I have to eat."

I pat his shoulder and watch as he slowly cuts the beef. "Don't worry, we have the game after dinner. You excited for that?" I ask, trying to lighten the mood.

He only nods before sighing out, "A test of courage will be cool. The quicker we eat, the quicker we play."

I continue to cut the potatoes and fix my shirt, tucking it into my shorts because it was long. I didn't want people to think I wasn't wearing anything underneath.

"Woah, Bakugou!" Uraraka gasps. I look over my shoulder to see her holding the fire wood as Bakugou speedily cuts the carrots. "You're really good with that knife! It's weird..."

The blonde yells back at her, effortlessly cutting the carrots as he glares at Uraraka, "What do you mean 'it's weird'? How could you people be so damn bad at everything?"

Kaminari walks passed with the plates as he comments, "Look at that. He's not blowing any stuff up."

Kirishima slouches his shoulders and groans, "I'm too tired for this..."

I chuckle, patting Kirishima's shoulder, "Keep up the good work, Eijiro."

I finish with the potatoes and put them in the bowl, taking them towards Kendo, who was in charge of putting them into the boiling water. She thanks me as I go back to chopping the rest of the vegetables.

It's then that I realise that Bakugou and Kirishima have switched spots. Kirishima is still cutting the meat and Bakugou is now taking the carrots from my pile to cut. I don't talk about it, just continuing with my slicing.

We keep working, me trying to make small talk with the boy beside me. But Bakugou seems uninterested. Kirishima gets some of his energy back and gives his input into the conversation.

"You know, Shinso's got a pretty cute cat." Kirishima says, making me turn around with a bright smile.

"Oh my God, I know, right?" I cheer, placing my hands on his bench, "After camp, I'm gonna' go over to Hitoshi's to play with Chobi, you wanna' come with?"