// part ten: E-125 //

Start from the beginning

As he tried to regain his balance, E-125 blasted forward, knocking him into a building across the street. The building exploded, dust flying everywhere. Y/n panicked, unsure of what to do. She turned around and ran, not sure where to go.

She heard Eggman's mech moving, but continued running. Suddenly, he landed in front of her, startling her. She screamed, watching metal arms reach out of the mech, trying to grab her. Before they could though, a large, familiar Piko-Piko hammer smashed the arms. The wielder, Amy, slammed it into the mech, sending Eggman flying backwards down the road.

"Get out of here, Y/n!" Amy ordered. Y/n nodded, turning to run away. As she ran, she realized someone had joined her by her side. She looked over, realizing it was Tails. He gave her a grin, taking her hand.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure you get away safely." He said, taking her other hand. He began twirling his two tails, lifting Y/n into the air. As they flew into the sky, above the buildings, Y/n looked down to check on the others.

Though, her panic quickly returned as she saw E-125 flying towards them. Y/n screamed, startling Tails as he looked back. Panic arose in the kitsune too as he realized he wasn't fast enough to dodge her.

Thankfully though, the dark hedgehog, Shadow, used chaos control, appearing between the three. He slammed his foot down on her, kicking her and sending her flying to the ground. He gave Tails a thumbs up, signaling him to continue as he warped away again.

"Where are we going?" Y/n asked, looking down to watch the fight.

"You said Metal Sonic was on Eggman's ship, right? If he's as good as you say, we may need his help..." Tails said, flying towards the ship. Y/n looked up at him, growing happy. She would finally get to see him again. He could protect them all.

"TAILS! LOOK OUT!" A voice suddenly screamed, making Tails gasp as he looked back. Something was suddenly slammed into him, sending him and Y/n falling to the ground. Y/n looked up, realizing it was... Sonic? He must've been thrown at them by E-125.

He dived for Y/n, not worrying too much about Tails as he could fly. He grabbed onto Y/n, holding her close as they fell. He managed to line up with a building, running down it. Y/n held onto him tightly, scared he'd drop her.

Once on the ground, he skidded across the street, slowing to a stop. As he did, E-125 used chaos control, appearing just across the street from them. Her bright green eyes glared at Sonic, as if her looks only could demand him to hand over Y/n.

Sonic looked to the side, wondering if he could run. But of course, Eggman stood there, his friends just down the street, tired and beaten. Eggman chuckled, twirling his long mustache around his gloved finger.

"You have nowhere left to run, Sonic. Hand over the girl, now. If you do, I'll let you all go and won't do anything bad." Eggman said. Sonic scoffed, holding Y/n closer.

"Yeah right. I have no reason to believe you. And even if I did, I wouldn't let you have her. I promise I'll keep Y/n safe, and make sure she gets home." Sonic said, looking up at her and giving her a smile.

"Don't make this hard on you two. Give her to me, or else." Eggman said. Sonic stepped closer, unsure of what would happen if he said no. Y/n bent downwards towards his ear, whispering to him.

"We don't stand a chance if we don't get help. Eggman's ship is here, we can get Metal to help us." She whispered. Sonic nodded, agreeing with her idea, giving her a thumbs up.

"Don't worry, Y/n. We'll get him, and take care of these guys." He said, growing confident. He heard Eggman chuckle, making Sonic look back to him.