[04] first of many

Mulai dari awal

"Merlin girl. I never knew you liked him that much," Harlow took the words right out of mine and Aries' mouths.

I never really thought of that before. He was always just a normal guy to me whenever we'd talk. Plus, out of all the nights we'd spent talking about boys, George was never really brought up. Fred was mentioned once years ago but we disregarded that after Harlow mentioned he fancied Angelina. Harlow and Angelina were cousins.

"Well I don't like him. I just think he's attractive," explained Fab.

"He did kind of look good with his shirt unbuttoned like that," Harlow said, peering over at him talking to Lee, Oliver and a girl with short brown hair that looked like Serena Hopkins, a Gryffindor in our year.

I tried to see what they saw but couldn't. I mean next to him, Oliver was pretty cute, but George? No, I couldn't see it.

We quickly moved on from this topic and danced the rest of the night away, screaming the lyrics to the songs at the top of our lungs. Fab had disappeared and somehow I also lost Harlow and Aries but found them chatting with Tristan and Ceaser, two Slytherins in our year. Tristan and Ceaser had sort of been our friends since second year. Aries says her crush on Ceaser went away our third year but I still see her gazing at him in the common room.

The energy in the room had died down as more and more people left to do...stuff or go to sleep. I saw Angelina say bye to Harlow as she left with Fred. This led me wondering to see if George was still here since I didn't want to engage in Aries and Harlow's conversation with Tristan and Ceaser.

It wasn't long until I found him sitting in a corner alone. He looked like he could pass out right then and there but every couple of seconds his eyes fluttered back opened. I decided to walk over to talk to him.

"Had fun did you?" I joked as I slid my back down against the wall until my butt hit the floor.

He slowly turned his head to me and closed his eyes. "Wicked."

I chuckled. Boy was wasted. "Do you need help getting back to your dormitory?" I asked, genuinely.

He simply shook his head. "Freddie and Ang are doing it anyway so I'll probably just...stay here." His voice trailed off.

"Well that doesn't sound like fun," I tried to get him to joke back.

"It's not," he replied. Wasted George wasn't fun as it would seem.

We talked a little more like this, with him responding tersely until my eyelids began to feel heavy. I started drowning out the music and George hadn't said anything in awhile so I assumed he had fallen asleep. It was almost 3am now and barely anyone was still here, so I laid down and closed my eyes.

I woke up in an empty but trashed room. Empty bottles, cups and cans were scattered all over the room. There were even some bras and shirts on the dance floor too. Suddenly, I realized that I was laying on George's lap and I sprung up immediately. Fortunately for me, he was still sleeping and didn't notice.

I recognized some others that were sprawled along the floor but none were my roommates. I couldn't believe they just left me here. Although, I guess I was happy for them if they had some fun last night.

My head felt like hundreds of bricks which was odd considering I didn't drink as much as I usually do. Since there where no windows in the Room of Requirement, I didn't know what time of day it was but the clock on the wall read, 9:02. I wondered what Dumbledore thought when a third of the students didn't show up for breakfast on a Saturday.

"Bloody hell," a groggy voice said next to me.

"Good morning," I whispered. My throat felt a little sore probably from screaming over the music all night.