Chapter 1: Mission Impossible

Start from the beginning

"Coo.....why the fuck is there a padlock on this?!" Sammy pulled at the metal lock, vain hopes of escape starting to dissipate and Earth stared in shock.

"Sammy..." he tugged the girl, pulling her back and they both stepped backward, "We need to go...now!"

He turned around to rush back into the cover of darkness only to screech to a stop, eyes landing on a pair of all too familiar slippers. Sammy slammed into him and he braced himself so he didn't go flying into the person in front of him.

He heard Sammy gasp, shriek and then stutter, "I-I...uhm...C-Coo..."

Earth gulped and raised his gaze, "H-Hi Dad. You're awake."

Without a word, the stern man turned around and the young ones followed behind, exchanging a nervous glance, "We're so screwed."

Sitting in front of Lord Katsamonnat, the most influential politician and public figure in this city, the two shrank, gazes running amok.

"Dad-"

"Earth Katsamonnat! Don't 'dad' me young man...I am very disappointed in you."

Earth's most adorable pleading face was clearly not working anymore.

"And you there, Miss Coates. I expected better from you young lady. I have told you how dangerous it is for Earth to be out wandering on his own without any protection!" Sammy gulped and bowed her head down, full of guilt.

"Please forgive me Mr. Katsamonnat..." She said piteously and Earth felt bad that Sammy was getting scolded. After all, she was his best friend, there was no way she would let him escape on his own.

"Dad please don't scold her. Scold me instead. Our friends at university were talking about the night markets near our school. Can you blame me for wanting to go really bad? So I ended up convincing Sammy to help me."

At the word 'convincing' Sammy raised her head and threw Earth an incredulous glance, "More like threatening!" she silently thought and Earth caught on.

"Alright fine, maybe it was me who forced her into this. So there's really nothing to blame her for." He stated, petulantly crossing his arms and glowering at the far wall of the room.

Earth was making his argument so earnestly, that the older male was a bit startled. After he regained his composure he looked sternly at his only heir, "What a thing to be proud of!" he chastised, "Son...I was patient for a very long time. But it ends now. Expect that from now on, you will be assigned your own personal bodyguard."

The young master of the house rolled his eyes, "Yeah right!" he mumbled under his breath and earned a painful poke from a frantic Sammy. They glared at each other with their heads bowed so Mr. Katsamonnat wouldn't see.

"Don't make things worse!" Sammy mouthed at him and he huffed. Noticing the rather obvious communication in front of him, Mr. Katsamonnat didn't know whether he should be feeling fond or angry. He exchanged a weary glance with his personal bodyguard who stood by the wall of the room, giving them enough space but never too far away.

"Mr. Noppakao, please escort Earth and Sammy to their rooms and meet me at my private study. I have an important matter to discuss." He nodded to his old friend before fixing one last stern glance on the pair and leaving in the direction of his study.

"Yes my Lord," Surat bowed his head in greeting before turning to the sullen teenagers slouched in their chairs. A small smile was on his face, "Young Master and Miss Coates. This way please," he gestured towards the hallway leading to their rooms and the two got up, still fighting while whispering.