The Yukinoshita family is complicated, and I don't want to get involved with it. Not after last year, where we set up prom for the previous 3rd year students.

We decided that last year's prom would be the last prom the school will do for a while. Me and Yukinoshita had to work on it together, us 2 only. It was awkward at some times. She would accidentally move closer than she should to my face. If it was a different guy, he would've misinterpreted the entire thing.

"That's a bummer. Maybe I'll just say it myself whenever I get the chance to meet her."

The speakers turned on.

"Good morning, fellow students of Soubu High School. As you may know, starting school in your club rooms may be weird but as your club is filled with your friends, we thought it would be better to explore different opportunities with your friends, rather than your classmates."

Gotta give the school credit.

They know how students interact and how they are like.

"How smart! The school even knows my 2 best friends are in my club!"

That's because you've been saying that to everyone in school. And I'm also sure the school officials aren't allowed to stalk all of the student's interaction and social life. But they got good lawyers and I can't even afford one so they get 1 point.

"I guess that is fortunate."

"Yukinon, what are you gonna be in the future? A veterinarian? Because every time we would study, you would always want to be one so you can specifically work on cats."

I believe I just heard secret information that I'm not even allowed to have a thought about.

"I-I told you not to say it in public."

"But we're not-"

She begun to realize my disappearing presence.

"Oh! Sorry, Hikki! Ignore everything that I just said. Yukinon told me to set it up just in case you might be eavesdropping our conversation!"

"Hm?"

Act dumb. Play dumb.

"Nothing. Just go back to reading, uh, uh, your book."

I go back to reading my favorite novel of the month.

"To think his ears have regressed over the past year. I won't be particularly surprised if he goes deaf."

Rude.

And yet you were embarrassingly trying to cover up your obsession with cats. Pick a side, woman. I've had multiple opportunities to put you in the spotlight. And not once, did I tell anyone about it.

But then again, she hasn't done it to me either. Maybe I should insult her too. But what is there to insult about?

Think, Hachiman.

Her looks? That would make me look ridiculous.

Her cooking? No, she has proven once more that she is more than capable of being a professional chef. After reviewing her recipes for the past month, we finally came to an end and I cried. Not because I wanted to see her every weekend, but because I couldn't taste delicious free food. The only time now is if I do my jury duty once I grow into an adult.