Thank you, Kageyama

Start from the beginning

Without waiting to hear Hinata's response, you hurry out of the café. You can feel the tears sting the corner of your eyes and you'll be damned to let Hinata see you cry for him. He's paralyzed in his seat when he hears the door close with the windchimes echoing behind him.

It's over. Their relationship ended on their four year anniversary.

Hinata clenches his teeth and covers his face with his palms. He quietly screams into them as the tears stream down his face.

You idle in front of the café with tears falling down onto the concrete. Inhaling sharply, you wipe your tears away and stare at the sky.

Where should you go now?

🏐・゚゚・。.

You've walked aimlessly around the streets of Tokyo for half an hour now. With an empty mind, swollen eyes, and a tearstained face you find yourself back at the university campus. The campus is more lively compared to earlier this morning. Students are going to and from to their next class or heading home for the day.

You reach into your purse to grab your phone to look at the time. It's only 1PM. The library is still open for five hours.

Not wanting to cry more to the point of exhaustion, you decide to study. A group of girls run past you, not noticing your presence when they hurry off to their destination. Your eyes flick over to their location and you notice a small crowd forming by the gym.

It wouldn't surprise you if they're waiting for Kageyama or some other volleyball player like Tsukishima. The two are quite popular despite their cold attitudes.

Not wanting to stay around to find out who it is, you focus on heading to the library. But someone calls out to you.

"Y/L/N."

You hesitate to turn around. This voice belonged to the person you thought you could trust.

Yachi.

Frozen in place, you clench your hands into fists before turning around to look at her. Yachi's face stiffens the moment she sees your redden eyes. She bites her inner cheek and casts her eyes to the side.

"So he told you." She mutters under her breath.

A fire flickers in your chest and a surge of annoyance floods within you. You've never felt such hatred towards someone until now.

Not a trace of guilt paints on her face when she raises her eyes up to look at you. "I'm assuming you two broke up?"

"Why."

You ignore her question with a question of your own.