Chapter One

As Castiel arrived in the Winchesters' motel room, he realized he was too early. It may have been excitement that caused him to make such a mistake. He couldn't wait to get started on his training. Castiel was going to become a hunter. He wanted to become a hunter to help the Winchesters with their cases. At least, that's what he told himself. That's what he wanted himself to believe. But Cas knew that that wasn't the real reason. The real reason was tugging at him in the back of his mind. He just chose not to believe it.

        Both of the brothers were sleeping peacefully on their beds. Dean was sleeping upside down. His feet where his head should be and vice versa. The beer bottles on each of the nightstands may explain some of that. Sam, on the other hand, was actually under the covers and sleeping upright. There was a knocked-over beer bottle on the floor next his bed. Half of its contents spilled onto the crappy motel carpet.They both must have had a rough night.

        Cas was just with them a few hours ago before whatever had happened here. The three of them were at Hooters. Dean was sitting across from Cas and Sam was left of dean. They were explaining to Cas how dangerous hunting can actually be.

        "You sure you can handle it?" Sam asked for the millionth time.

        "Yes, Sam, I am an Angel of the Lord. I have been through way more than you both have combined. I'm pretty sure I can handle it." Sam looked at Dean, raising his eyebrows. The Winchesters have been through some pretty tough shit. Hell, Heaven, and Purgatory. Died many times before. Faced many threats. Stopped the apocalypse. Maybe Cas would be fine if he'd faced more than the two of them combined. That's if he was actually being honest. After all, the Winchesters don't know what goes on in Heaven. So they have no right to compare.

        "Okay then. I guess you should be fine." Dean confirms. "You'll start training tomorrow." Dean props his head up on his arm. His head resting on his palm, elbow on the table. Staring into Castiel's blue eyes. Castiel turned to look at Dean but found that Dean had already gotten there. Dean was in a daze, drifted away by Cas.

        "Dean, are you alright?" He shakes his head to get out of the "trance."

        "What did you say, babe? I MEANT CAS! CAS! I meant Cas." Dean yells. Trying to cover up his big mistake. The brothers didn't know how much Cas was blushing on the inside. Castiel was struggling to hide it. Meanwhile, Dean's face had gone red and he had separated himself from the other two with the beer menu, pretending to look into it. Sam was snickering, trying not to make it obvious.

        "Oh my goodness, you guys!" said Sam. Sam already realized that his brother and the angel had had feelings for each other. He doesn't know whether he should tell them or not. Sam just keeps everything to himself, letting the two figure it out on their own. After they ate, the brothers headed back to their motel as Cas went to see Gabriel. He went to Gabriel to talk about the choice he made about becoming a hunter. Him and Gabriel had talked for hours. As they talked, all Cas could think about was how much he wanted to start his training. Eventually, he left Gabriel and got to the Winchesters' motel room too early  because of his excitement. 

        Cas snaps back to the present. Dean begins stirring in his sleep. Moving around, trying to get comfortable. Castiel just watches over them, standing between their beds. Isn't this a bit stalker-ish? He thinks. After all, he is creepily watching them sleep. He should do something useful as he waits for them to wake.

        Castiel decides to help by cleaning up the mess. He starts to collect all the beer bottles. Emptying some of them by dumping the leftover liquid into the sink. He must have picked up at least eight empty bottles. He cleans up the spilled beer by Sam's bed with his powers, which makes a sharp, high-pitched noise, waking Dean up.