let me fix it for you?

Start from the beginning

"She'll probably hate me." He grumbled into a pillow.

"If she does then fuck her!" James said but immediately regretting, as he raced to check the hallway to make sure no one heard those words come from his mouth. He shut their door.

"Oh, I'm sure Remus wants to," Peter smirked receiving a pillow to the head from Remus. James and Sirius chortled. Sirius gave Peter a mini high-five.

"I'm not joking, Worm. I'm going to make sure that I leave her alone a-and I'll find a way to lose feelings." He slammed his fist in his open palm as a sign of agreement.

Peter rubbed his forehead in exasperation. "Remus, you're an idiot. You're gonna regret this."

James loudly sighed before snapping his fingers. "How about waiting?"

"What?" Remus turned to him.

"How about waiting until after your transformation to ignore her. See how she'll react to you after last night. If you don't feel butterflies, knots in your stomach, or your heart racing whenever you see her, then you can start ignoring her and you won't hear a single word from us." James said motioning his hands down from an "X" position.

"Prongs, I'm not so sur-," Sirius began but was cut off by Peter slapping his hand on his mouth.

"No, no. Let's hear what Moony has to say first." They all turned to Remus.

"F-fine!" Remus stammered before walking out.

"I give him until the end of lunch," James said holding out a few sickles.

"No no, he has Potions with her today. I give him until then." Sirius said placing a few sickles on his hand sealing the bet. They turned to Peter and he shrugged, placing sixteen sickles in the pile.

"Rem's pride is huge, he'll break during breakfast but won't show it until free period."

———— ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ————

To Remus's luck and curiosity, Cerise wasn't at breakfast. She was in the hospital wing, helping Madam Pomfrey tend to students and organizing her material, something she did frequently as she and her brother were very close with Pomfrey.

The Marauders, however, did not know that.

They watched Remus shuffle around his seat, trying to not seem like he was looking for the captivating girl that had been on his mind. Peter snickered as his prediction was correct, while James and Sirius chortled to themselves.

"You okay, Rem?" James giggled watching the boy. Remus gritted his teeth.

"Brilliant."

Sirius howled at his one-worded answer, seeing his obvious discomfort because the girl wasn't there.

Remus's head filled with thoughts. Was she purposely ignoring him? Did he do something wrong? Did she have feelings but rethink them because of last night? Did she figure out what he was because of last night? He tried to think of the possibilities while attempting to not break his monotone expression. If he couldn't handle a few hours of not seeing her, he was definitely going to have an awful time acting as if they were just friends. He pouted into his seat, his weak muscles screaming in anticipation for what was going to happen tonight.

"Hey, we can be sad together. Bug not being here meant Lily went off with her little girlfriends rather than sit with us like usual." James scoffed looking over at the red-head who had been giggling with Marlene and Alice. 

"Moony, stop being a git and just ask Lily where Bug is," Sirius said, with a hint of concern in his eyes.

"No, I-I don't need to know where she is because she can take care of herself." He loosened his tie, signifying that he didn't truly mean anything he said. The three other boys turned to each other and shrugged. They ate in silence for a few minutes. Just then a girl plopped to his side, her arm brushing against his. A wave of mixed emotions flooded his mind. He stared at her in silence, the three other marauders smirking.

She turned to face the boy, sending a frown. "Your tie looks weird, let me fix it for you." She said grabbing it without waiting for his response.

He thought back to the first time they ever met. The exact same words, he thought. Fuck.

She stood up after finishing his tie, grabbed a small plate of food, and saluting goodbye as she stuffed a piece of bread into her mouth, strolling out of the Great Hall and back to the hospital wing.

"Can't wait until after the full moon, huh Remus?" James hushed, slipping the betting pool into Peter's hands. Remus noticed and flipped them off once he realized what they were for.

"Sod off."

———————

AHHH this was a really short chapter for a reason lol.

big things are coming soon in this ff