Chapter 3 (Amirs POV)

⚠️TW/DEATH⚠️

               I finally make it to my moms castle. It was a shorter journey than I expected which is good that means I can make it back home sooner and see my ru and Wenceslas. I miss them already.. I know it's only been two days but I miss them more than anything else on this world. I'm not sure where to find my mom, I don't know if she is in the hospital wing or her bedroom. I get off my horse and go to find my mother. I go to the hospital wing first, not seeing her I'm sure she's in her room so I get up and go to her room but don't see her. I frown searching the castle. When I can't find her anywhere I check her room again seeing that she was cleaning it. "Hey mom! I see you're feeling better!" I say happily. "I am, I feel a lot better now, when I heard you were here I went to go greet you but when I didn't see you I had assumed you went to look for me so I came back here.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Im almost home, coming back sooner than expected now knowing my mom was ok. I can't wait to see my husband and son once again after three days. (I know what your thinking. "Amir, buddy three days isn't anything" but when it's your family it feels like an ETERNITY.) I get off my horse thanking the knights for their hard work and walk inside tacking Rupert from behind kissing his cheeks hundreds of times. "Amir! You're home! Thank god that felt like it was years-" he says cutting himself off frowning. "What's wrong my love?" I ask genuinely concerned. He's barely ever wearing a frown. "Well uhm.. Wenceslas' goat died while you were gone.." he says. "Oh dear well did you like Barry it what did you do with it" I ask because I didn't want a dead goat in the castle because that would get really smelly. "We barried it outside so I'm sure it will be fine." He says nuzzling me.

               I lay Wenceslas down to bed because it's passed his bed time. I kiss his head goodnight with Rupert. "Ru? Can you give us a moment I wanna talk to Wenceslas" I say. "Sure of course, I'll be either in bed or taking Fitzroy and Porridge to play outside to tire them out." Rupert responds. I nod and smile cuddling up by my son. "Dad? How come the good guys always finish first? They finish life first.. Like my unicorn and good guys in movies" he asks. "Well.." I start but take a moment to pause. "You know when you're picking flowers, you always pick the prettiest ones first and leave the other ones, the not as pretty ones to keep growing? Death takes the pretty ones for themself and leaves the bad ones to stay here.. but when they take a good one a new one that is even more beautiful in its place.. and just because something is gone doesn't mean it's gone forever.." I say improvising everything as I went. "But.. does that mean when the bad guys come they leave something even badder?" He asks. "No bud.. not at all."