Skirmish in the Shack

Start from the beginning

"NO!" Hermione screamed. "Harry, don't trust him, he's been helping Black get into the castle, he wants you dead too-he's a werewolf!"

I slow clap. "Well, that's only one for three. He is a werewolf, but he hasn't been helping Sirius get into the castle. Why would he want his best friend's son dead?"

Remus tries to help Ron get up, but Ron being Ron, he shouts, "Get away from me, werewolf!"

I look over at Sirius, whose face is a dark thundercloud. I grab the hand that isn't holding Scabbers and squeeze it. His face immediately softens. "RONALD WEASLEY!!! How dare you???? He was trying to help you, even though the only thing you've been doing in here is yelling at Sirius and me, but you turn him away? DID YOU EVER REALIZE THAT THE REASON HIS ROBES ARE SHABBY ARE BECAUSE HE'S DISCRIMINATED AGAINST FOR BEING A WEREWOLF!?!?!?!?!?!? You need to apologize, right now." I take in several deep breaths, trying to lower my temper. Sirius looks at me and raises an eyebrow. I roll my eyes. "Oh, you stop it. Bad dog!" He smirks at me. I tilt my head, confused at what he's going to do. Then, he barks like a dog. I burst into peals of laughter, chortling so loudly that I don't hear what Remus is saying to Hermione and Harry.

I look at Scabbers, who is shaking even more. I hear the final part of what Remus says, and then Sirius comments. "An Animagus, by the name of Peter Pettigrew." I gasp. My brain starts to connect all the dots in rapid speed. I remember when Percy first got the rat.

August 23rd, 1988

It was the day after my 12th birthday. I had just taken a bath, and then I saw Percy's new rat: Scabbers. He had somehow gotten into my room. I thought he was just a rat. I walked down the hall to my room in just my towel. Then, I grabbed my clothes and started to get ready for the day. For some reason, I saw the rat looking intently at me, almost like he was perving on me.

"Percy, could you get your rat out of my room? I don't want him in here." I asked loudly, trying to get Percy to hear me through all of the din in the Weasley household.

I start pacing the room, Sirius looking at me like I'm insane. "Change that rat. Now," I bite out, teeth gritted in anger. Sirius and Remus fight each other with words. Remus wants to tell Harry the whole story while Sirius wants to kill Peter.

"Nicolette, any help here?"

"Sirius. I have an idea. Please, just hear me out?"

"Okay, Coley. Make it quick."

"So, we tell Harry, Hermione, and Ron the story about the four Marauders and explain why Peter was the Secret Keeper. We change Peter back, but don't kill him. If we don't, we could make you free because then Peter being alive is more than enough proof that you are innocent. You don't have to hide here anymore. You can get out of this Shack without glamours on. You could see me graduate. We could have a life together. Please, do this for me."

Sirius looks down at me as he mulls over my suggestion. "Fine. But, we'd better hurry up." Remus and Sirius explain about the Marauders and how they became Animaguses for Remus. I nervously bite my lip. The door had opened seemingly on its own. Oh no. Snape's here under Harry's invisibility cloak. They talk about a prank on Snape that Sirius had pulled.

Sirius shook his head. "The only reason I did it was because he used you against me." This makes me hate Snape even more. Then, I see Snape with his wand pointed straight at Remus. I scream as Snape wraps ropes around Remus that tighten until he can barely breathe.

"Oh, Ms. Weasley. The Gryffindor slut." Sirius glares at him.

"Don't you dare call her that, Snivellus," Sirius barks out, almost shaking in anger. Sirius starts to advance towards Remus, but Snape puts his wand right in the middle of Sirius's eyes.