Two.

"Do you understand?" The teacher asked hurriedly.

"Yes, of course I do!" Chaeryeong replied while packing her bag.

"Alright... see you tomorrow then," Mrs Lee said.

"See you!" She yelled before running out. Chaeryeong checked her watch as she ran. It was already 2:45 pm and her shift at the ice cream parlour started at 3. She took about 15 minutes to get there but she needed 5 minutes to get ready. And this would be the third time she would be late this month.

She got onto her bike and cycled hard and fast to her destination.

"I'm sorry i'm late!" Chaeryeong breathed out, panting. Her manager raised a brow before taking in her appearance.

"You came from school?"

"Y-yes,"

"Don't be late next time," The manager said.

"Sorry," Chaeryeong mumbled. She hurried into the small room at the back and placed her bag down before putting on her apron and tying her hair up. With a sigh, she rubbed her eyes and headed out.

The small shop was only slightly crowded. The tables a the front of the shop were occupied by a few students. The back was completely empty.

It's 3:15 already. Where's Ryujin? She must be busy today

Chaeryeong sighed and sat down on the highchair. She buried her face in her palms. She was abnormally tired after yesterday's dance training which resulted in the time she spent with Mrs Lee after school that day. 

All of a sudden, the bell by the door rang and Chaeryeong snapped out of her daydream.

Ryujin walked in, her head hung low. She was alone. She wasn't carrying a bag and, unlike other days, she was wearing a loose pair of track pants with a plain white top.

"Ryujin!" she blurted out. "You're alone,"

The older girl looked up and Chaeryeong gasped. Ryujin's eyes were red and puffy while she had tear marks running down her cheeks. Her eyes were empty and she seemed tired.

"Is there anything wrong with coming alone?" Ryujin asked coldly.

"No!"

"Good," Ryujin nodded and made her way to the booth at the corner of the shop.

Chaeryeong observed Ryujin as she sat alone. She seemed like she wanted to cry. After a few minutes, Ryujin dropped her head onto the table and she started trembling a little.

Alarmed, Chaeryeong got out from behind the counter and ran to the table.

"Ryujin-ssi, are you alright?" Chaeryeong asked. She lifted her head and stared straight at the younger.

"How do you know my name?" Ryujin asked.

"You've been coming here for almost two years now. I've seen all your girlfriends too," Chaeryeong confessed.

"I'm sorry... I always see you serving me but I didn't bother learning your name," Ryujin apologised.

"It's alright," Chaeryeong did feel slightly disappointed.

"You saw me with Yuna yesterday. We broke up," Ryujin said glumly, rubbing her face with her hands.

Chaeryeong contemplated for a bit before speaking. "Have you had lunch?" Ryujin shook her head. Chaeryeong kept quiet for awhile and then spoke, "Do you want to come to my place?"