3

It was fair to say that the first conversation that Stevie had with the Weasley twins didn't exactly go how she thought it would. She's pretty sure that Fred hates her and her cat - not that she could blame him.

Fortunately, she didn't have time to dwell on the fact because this year, it was the big one. It was OWL year and the teachers, they seemed intent on scaring the shit out of them all.

Not only were they going to have exams to go through, there was also mandatory careers advice with their head of house to think about and honestly, she thinks that scares her more than the exams do.

The last thing she wanted to do was think about being an adult.

"How?" Kaye whimpers as she scribbles on a piece of parchment. She'd come to sit with Ribh and Stevie at the Ravenclaw table that lunchtime but so far, she hadn't touched any of the food that was on offer, "How are we only in the second week of term and I'm behind on homework already?"

"It's OWL year," Ribh says from across the table, "What did you expect?"

Every now and then, Stevie wonders how they manage to get on. Ribh was all study, study, study and Kaye...Kaye likes to spend her evenings napping in the Gryffindor common room.

"McGonagall's going to kill me," she cries, "She already gave me a two-day extension!"

"Serves you right," Ribh scoffs, taking a bite out of her sandwich as a mighty bang comes from outside in the Entrance Hall. "Merlin," she breathes, turning in her seat, "What the hell was that?"

Stevie resists the urge to roll her eyes - for someone who gets top marks in all classes, her friend can be rather silly.

There were two possible culprits; one was Peeves the Poltergeist who was always wreaking havoc on the school and its students. The second was the Weasley twins and she knew who she was putting her money on.

Confirming her suspicions, the Weasley twins come almost running into the hall, glancing over their shoulders when they hear Filch the caretaker's furious yells coming from down the corridor.

What happens next however, Stevie really didn't expect. As if the eyes of the hall weren't on them, the pair casually (but quickly), make their way to the Ravenclaw table, to where there was a space big enough for the two of them, across from the girls.

"Afternoon, ladies," one of them grin and Ribh looks anything but impressed as they all down onto the bench.

"Why is it always you two causing trouble?"

"Trouble? Us?" the other one spoke, look of mock hurt gracing his features.

"Never." they say at the same time.

Stevie stays silent, watching them curiously as the caretaker storms into the hall, his small beady eyes gazing over the Gryffindor table to find those who were responsible.

The twins duck their heads as the man moves his search to the other house tables and Stevie casts her own eyes up to the teacher's table, surprisingly finding it empty.

Filch is almost at the end of the Hufflepuff table now and she knows that it wasn't going to be hard for him to spot them at their table.

Their hair wasn't exactly subtle.

Knowing that there isn't much time, Stevie reaches under to grab her bag, snatching Ribh's hat from atop of hers before she's digging through her bag to find her own.

"What are you doing?" Ribh asks slowly, not entirely sure that she's going to like the answer that she gets.

"Here," Stevie slides the garments across the table, "Put those on."