"This isn't the first time I'm taking someone to their death. So, this isn't my first rodeo honey," I spit at her before laying back down under the console.

*********

I sit in the library, reading a book that for some reason, it has no title but I don't really care. I feel the other side of the sofa sink down.

"What did you mean when you said that you've taken someone to their death before?" I hear the Doctor ask me.

I look over the top at the book and look at the Doctor whilst he looks at me in confusion. "Uh... well... you know how I work at U.N.I.T?" I ask the Doctor and he nods his head. "Well... my job basically means that I have to basically, take someone to a superior officer and then they take them to the head of UNIT to basically... uh... get killed," I say, muttering the last part.

"But, you don't like doing that, do you?" he asks me and I shake my head, a tear rolling down my face. "Hey, Lex. You're alright. I understand that you don't want to do it. I'm not judging you for it," he whispers, bringing me into a hug and I lean my head on his shoulder.

"I try not to do it, but I know that if I don't then I could get sacked and then it wouldn't help mum because it's her main source of income," I mutter into the Doctor's shoulder.

"Hey. I doubt that they would've fired you. You're the best in the your field," he tells me and I smile.

"Thank you," I mutter to the Doctor.

*********

I walk into the console room to find just Jack in the room. "Where's Margret and the Doctor?" I ask Jack, looking at him from the grating hole. His head pops up from the hole. "He's taken Margret out for a last meal," he tells me.

"And Rose and Mickey?"

"They've gone for a walk but I'm not too sure that Mickey will be coming back," he tells me and I look at him in confusion.

"Why?" I ask him.

"He looked like he felt betrayed. Like you both wouldn't come back," he tells me.

"But we will. We wouldn't just leave him," I tell Jack and he nods his head.

"Want some help?" I ask him.

"Uh. Just pass me some screws," he tells me. I sigh, reaching down to the floor before handing him some screws.

*********

The TARDIS starts to shake violently and I see the Doctor and Margret run through the doors. The lights are flashing and the console starts to spark and my eyes widen at the sight of it. "What the hell did you do to her?" I snap at Jack, who's running around the console.

"It just went crazy!"

"It's the rift! Time and Space are being ripped apart!" I shout over the noise as the Doctor runs to the console.

"The whole city's gonna disappear!" the Doctor shouts.

"It's the extrapolator!" Jack yells, holding it up. "I've disconnected it but it's still feeding off the engine! It's using the TARDIS! I can't stop it!"

"Never mind Cardiff, it's going to rip open the planet!" the Doctor yells, making me sigh.

"What is it? What's happening?" I hear Rose ask.

"Oh, just little me!" Margret laughs and I gasp as she frees one of her arms from her skin-suit to reveal her long arm and talons. I feel her grab me by my neck and I gasp, trying to move forwards to get free but she grips on tighter. "Lexy!" Rose yells, trying to reach me but the Doctor grabs her arms to stop her from grabbing onto me. "One wrong move and she snaps like a promise," Margret threatens and I freeze and she releases me slightly so that I can breathe slightly.