"You know what he did to Minha last year. He's no good."

"What's that have to do with me? Don't cross path? You make it seems like we have some history that he would hurt me in some way when we barely know each other."

I just wanted to know why he hates him that much. I despise that guy too but there must be something more he did than hurting Minha, that made Seungmin hates him.

"Then how did he know if we are friends?" He asked back, eyes piercing into mine. Suddenly I felt so small in front of him.

A sigh escaped his lips and leaned on the seat with his eyes darted away to the side. Silence conquered the room. And it was killing me inside. I badly want to ask the reason why but he was clearly under the weather now.

"Do you still like me?"

The question got me off guard. So sudden?! I looked at him, surprised at the sudden question but his eyes didn't move from the door he was staring at.

Does he really expect me to answer?!

Obviously I didn't say anything. I think I'm turning into a human size tomato right now. The urge to leave the room is so tempting.

I could hear him stifling a laugh.

"You're laughing?" I grumbled with my red cheeks.

He smiled as he turned to me. "Do you know why he dated Minha?"

"No."

"He wanted to make me feel jealous when knowing I liked her. That's all. No feelings involved but Minha didn't know that."

I leaned my back to the seat behind me with my eyes glued on my fiddled fingers. Then I nodded, asking him to continue.

"He blamed me for something I didn't do and since that he keeps finding things for revenge but failed. He just happened to fight with Minho hyung last year just because it was his last year here, and again wanted to take Minha away from me but somehow the tables turned. Minha end up with Minho hyung and he stopped."

"After the graduation ceremony he met me and threatened me but I cared less. There was nothing he could do anyway but when you said he knew we are friends, I'm afraid if he comes up with another plan."

My heart slightly swollen seeing his hurt expression. He leaned forward and took my hand in his. "So please, if possible don't get near him. I don't want any friends of mine get in trouble because of me."

My stomach did somersault when his eyes bored into mine. I slowly nodded and looked away. "Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"What's the thing he blamed you for?" I asked, my heart beating fast. I was afraid if he suddenly leave me by the question but the curiousity really kills me.

"You're a curious one, aren't you?" he ruffled my hair. "He blamed me for something I didn't do. I don't know why is he still revenging on it."

"If you're not comfortable with it then it's fine."

"I'm just fine. There's nothing to hide. Jeonghoon just blamed me for killing his parents."

"You what?!" My eyes widened at his confession and I pulled my hands away.

"Calm down! I told you I didn't do that! Our parents involved in an accident years ago. And unfortunately no one survived. He was so upset when knowing it was my father's car who swerved into the wrong lane. Both cars fell from the mountain road and were found nine hours later. We were so young at that moment but I guess Jeonghoon just couldn't forgive my father."

There was a silence around us and I just couldn't take in the information. Guilt conquered me. "So you're living alone?"

"Yes, I am."

"Oh my god," I muttered under my breath. "I'm sorry if before this I mentioned something about parents. I didn't know."

He giggled at that, "It's alright, you didn't know."

"How do you..." my voice trailed off after deciding not to ask him. He tilted his head to the side. I shook my head so he got up and went to the mp3 player.

"Do you sing?" he browsed the playlist.

"No."

He played an English song while bobbing his head to the beat. I silently watched him with my mind playing the question I was about to ask.

How did he endure all of this?

The way he told me the story was normal. I mean, he didn't even shed a tear, as if it did not happen. If I was him I'd be a crying mess but him?

Also, he lives alone. How lonely can that be...

"Oh, I forgot to tell you," he spoke up with his eyes glued to the laptop's screen while typing in something. "If he does anything to you just tell me or Jeongin. The other guys didn't know about this."

"What? And you told me?

"You were asking." He shrugged.

"But—" I was cut off with a melody of violin echoed in the music room. He gave me a bracket smile.

"My favourite song."

Then a voice of a man singing was heard.

I recognised this song.

Lose You Now by Lindsey Stirling and Mako.

The lyrics and the music video...

Are relatable about his parents.

🥀

you can click the link on my bio for the song :)