Vernde: Huntsman, what happened? Who killed all these people?

Huntsman: *cough* Bandits. The whole tribe... Then, with all the panic...

The Huntsman didn't finish and coughed repeatedly.

Ren: Grimm.

Ren stood up and walked a few paces away, placing his hands atop his head. Ruby, Jaune, and Nora step away to confer.

Ruby: Alright, we can get him to the next village and try to find a doctor there!

Jaune: Yeah. Ren and I can take turns carrying him there.

Nora: I don't know if he'll make it.

Jaune: He will. He has to.

Vernde and Neo stood up and walked away from the Huntsman.

Ruby: If we get going now, our chances will be better. I can run ahead and look for help!

Vernde: It would be pointless to waste your energy.

Ruby, Jaune, Nora, and Ren turned and saw the Huntsman had already passed.

Neo: We should keep moving.

Nora: Shouldn't we bury him?

Vernde shook his head as he walked away with Neo close behind.

Ren: We should go. It's not safe here.

Nora: Ren...

Nora and Ren followed Vernde and Neo. Ruby put her hand on Jaune's arm. He was looking stressed and sad to the silver eyed girl.

Ruby: It'll be okay.

Jaune: I'm just tired of losing everything.

Ren stopped and looked at something on the ground, his eyes widening. A cloven hoofprint is impressed into the ground. Nora comes up to his side. She saw the same mark and her eyes also widen in recognition. The two of them silently make eye contact.

Ren: *whisper* we can't go back.

Nora: *whisper* I know...

Later that night

???: *echo* Jaune!

A sound of a sword being drawn echoed throughout the darkness.

???: *echo* Jaune! Jaune!

Ruby opened her eyes slowly and breathed slowly, letting her eyelids drift shut. Her eyes open wide when, from nearby, she hears the same voice, speaking calmly. It sounded so familiar to her.

???: Jaune.

Ruby sat up and looked around. There were little will-o-the-wisps floating around, looking very similar to the white circles in her dream. The campfire was still burning but had died down. Ren and Nora were sleeping while their weapons are once again at their sides. Neo was propped up against a tree covered by Vernde's Alpha Beowolf cloak, and Vernde was wide awake writing in a notebook. Jaune's sleeping bag, however, was empty.