out of love

hi everyone. so i'm trying something new rn and i'm going to be doing a more sad story. i know, its not as like cutesy and stuff but i'm like rly interested in this topic more and please let me know what topics y'all like the best because ill look into that more. that being said, this ones a little more angsty and sad :(. and yes. if you were wondering, i did cry writing this ;)

"mads what are you doing" chase said laughing at the sight before him. he was leaning up against the doorframe. admiring the beautiful girl in front of him, with his puppy thats not really a puppy anymore. she had him on her shoulders, taking a mirror picture. she had the biggest smile on her face. nothing could break her chase thought. he stared at the fact that she was all his. nobody else's. just his. his heart warmed at that fact.

"look" she said innocently, messy bun flopping everywhere. she held out her phone and showed chase. he smiled and brought her over to take some more pictures. minutes after posing, giggling and making the funniest poses. they found themselves cuddling on the couch.

flashback ends
present day

chase jerked out of his thought. tears fell of the memories of the exact day. air-pods in. looking at the pictures in his phone, he scrolled, endless pictures of the three of them goofing around. the best time of his life. remembering the exact day they took those. with every scroll, another tear fell. he sat, on the foot of his bed, alone. tears falling, there's no stopping at this point. he couldn't hold on for any longer.

3 am, august 22, 2021. the information read on his phone.

chase closed his eyes, he fell back on his bed, tears swelled his eyes, there was no distraction to the throbbing, aching, sharp pain in his chest, where his full heart used to be. he looked next to him. and slowly opened his eyes. he began to imagine the beautiful girl he once fell in love with giggling, eyes full of love, lying next to him. the memory faded slowly. he looked around to the doorframe of his bathroom. to where they used to have dance parties, doing their skincare, mamma mia as their go to. blasting and singing. he shut his eyes sharply. his hands involuntary grew into a fist as he drive it into the bed. he was mad. mad at himself. all he wanted was his pain to go away.

1 month of endless pain. every night ended this way. him, drowning in his tears. wondering if he would ever be normal again, or if he couldn't hold on any longer. he's soft cry's soon turned into sobs. the walls too thin to keep the heartbreaking noise of the man, who was once the happiest man in the world. changed in just an instant. he wished no person to go through his pain. the worst pain he had ever felt in his life. milo ran up to him, barking at the loud cry's that chase yelled out. milo was confused, chase would do this often, but he was just a clueless puppy. thinking chase was okay. but he was far from it. milo would always wait at the door, at the time maddie would usually come over after work. chase kept reminding him, pulling him away from the door as milo cried out, not giving up. if only chase were this relentless.

milo curled up to chase, his warmth keeping chase from breaking again for the time being. his uneven breathes moved milos tiny body. milo, concerned, but comforted at the fact of chase by him. chase had woken up, tears dried and made a little mark on his face.

7 am
he refused to get out of bed. he would always be promoted by maddie, but there's no point anymore. his mental health was at the absolute worst. he could barely breath sometimes. it was hard for him to even get up to get food, to eat. days he would go without eating. he had taken a significant break from work. he knew he needed to get back at it and not be selfish. he just couldnt at the moment. it would break him once and for all.

rudy hadn't texted him in 3 days. rudy and jd would try their damn hardest to even move him to go out with them. he didnt have the ability. he was helpless. but then, there was a ding, he looked over at his phone.
rudy
lets go get up we're doing a guys day

                chase
                no.

he simply replied. chase grew worried as he didn't receive a text back. 3 minutes soon enough there was three taps on the door. and the door unlocked. it was rudy.

"chase" rudy called out. "chase cmon." rudy said trying to find him in the muffles of chases clothes.

"please rudy i'm begging i need more time i really cant dude i'm sorry" chase said.

rudy found him, under piles of clothes. he couldnt bare to see him like this. rudy gave in and said he would check back in later.

chase shut his eyes, the pain only gets worse. he shut his shades so it was a dark as night in his room. he felt guilty for crying. his mental health was never something that was really stable, so this just made it the worse its been in. well. ever.

"i- i cant" chase whimpered trying to talk to himself to reassure himself.

"i dont think- i can hold on anymore."

"what did i do wrong"

"i- i just dont know"

"who fell out of love"

me: hiiiii, so i wrote this at like 10:00 pm last night so don't mind me, i already have a second part written and ready so like vote or commment cause if this flops there's no point in posting the second one and trust me in my opinion the story gets better ;). anyways GO TO BED. get some sleep. stay hydrated and I LOVE YOU ALL. -paige