ch. 8 | i'll miss you

last day of highschool

last day of highschool. in other words, last day you'll be with suna. you already know he'll be hanging out with his girlfriend, ichika, and slowly stop meeting with you. you were going to move soon, so you could live closer to your university. what's the point in seeing suna then? you should just give up. he's obviously happy with ichika. just move on. he's not yours and you need to suck it up, and move on.

slowly, the day you leave approaches. you've seen suna maybe 2 times in the short time you had left. you've never been this distanced from suna before. it honestly broke you. but what're you going to do?

finally, the day approaches. "i'll miss you y/n" he smiles softly at you. yeah. like you've missed me in the past few months.

"yeah. i'll miss you too"

you've grown bitter. every time you see ichika, you can feel the lump in your throat. you wish she could just dissapear, into thin air. you wish she never existed.

you and suna hug. it lingers for a while. you thought his embrace would feel different. you thought it would feel colder than usual. but you've never felt such a warm embrace in your life. he hugs you tight. tighter than ever. a huge wave of comfort washes over you. you were no longer so bitter about ichika. all you need was suna to be there for you. to hug you. to whisper softly in your ear "i'll never leave you" and he did.

he pulled back and just stared at you. both of your stood there, smiling at one another. you could just kiss him right there. oh how you wish you could do such a thing. it almost seemed as if he was thinking the same thing. the way he was looking at you.

and with that, you departed.