29 |The Kiss That They Share|

Start from the beginning

"Surprise! Happy birthday Soham!"

He looked around with teary eyes on the big chocolate cake in the center of the table, streamers and balloons everywhere and confetti on the counters.

"N-No one celebrated my birthday after my grandfather died expect for Urmi and today you-"

The lump in his throat stopped him from continuing and all he could do was stare with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"You thought I wouldn't remember? You are important to me Soham, I would never forget things like these, especially when it comes on to you."

Her gentle words touch his heart and pulled on his heart strings to see how much she cared for him, how important he was in her life.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Soham, happy birthday to you," sang Sanyukta and Urmi as they led him towards the table with his cake waiting on him.

"Make a wish," she whispered into his ear.

'I wish for every man to get a wife like you Sanyukta.' he thought, smiling on the inside.

Blowing out the candles, he felt like his childhood was coming back to him. The times he spent with his grandfather especially on his birthday flashed before his eyes.

"Soham baba, do you remember after Jai bhaisaab died I would buy you a cupcake and put a match stick in it and light it for you to blow out the candle, well know you have a big cake with a big candle.

You deserve this Soham baba, you deserve this." Urmi broke down in tears and Soham went over to hug her.
(Jai is the name of his grandfather.)

"You were a real mother to me Urmi. And today, from this moment onwards I won't call you Urmi, I will call you MA."

Urmi looked on him with wide eyes as he stared at her lovingly, and in his eyes she saw that he really meant it.

"Soham baba."

Urmi wrapped her hands around his neck hugging him tightly, tipping on her toes as he was taller than her.

"Soham baba nahi, beta.(Not Soham baba, son.)"

Urmi broken down even more, hugging him with great force and Sanyukta stood there watching them with a smile wide on her face, not wanting time intervene in their mother and son moment.

"Come now, let's cut the cake," Urmi spoke softly.

They broke apart and wiped their tears turning back to face the cake.

"Here is the knife Soham. It's your moment, cut your cake," Sanyukta stated handing him the knife.

"No, not without the both of you."

They smiled and placed their hands on top of his as he sunk the knife down into the cake.

"3,2,1, cut."

He pulled the knife back slowly, cutting open the cake, his favorite chocolate.

"How did you know that I love chocolate cake?" he asked taking a chunk of cake up into his hands after sinking his hand into the middle of the cake.

Sanyukta looked on him sternly like a mother and he just smiled at her cutely.

"What? I always wanted to do this. I have seen Aisha do it every year and I couldn't do it with a cupcake so I had to do it now since I finally have a cake."

She chuckled and bit her lip keeping note of what he just said oh so ever cutely.

"Sanyukta come here for a minute."