𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 1 - 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑡𝑜𝑜 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒

Nathalie's POV:

I enjoy this warm morning of March as I walk through the streets of Paris leading to Gabriel Agreste's mansion ready for another day of work.

I will tell you a secret.

I'm so happy to see him again, I'm just his assistant, that's what he will tell you but sometimes I feel like I am more than that for him... maybe that's just what I want to believe after all.

He's really dear to me, I love him but I know it's impossible for me to make it work because of that man's loyalty to his wife.  

Gabriel is obsessed with bringing Emilie back to life, he can't go on without her and refuses to get over this loss.

I really want to see him happy again and that's why I have agreed on helping him stealing the miraculous from Ladybug and Chat Noir to make his wish come true.

I honestly don't think this is good for him anymore.

Being Hawkmoth had turned him into a power hungry man and being Mayura is bad for my own health.

I really wish he could just give up this madness and move on but I'm also afraid that this will break his heart.

If only I was brave enough to make him understand and stop with his stupid plans.

As always I enter the huge mansion and walk to the man's office, I take a deep breath and I knock at the door.

"Come in" Gabriel's voice resounds from inside the room.

"Good morning sir" I say opening the door and closing it behind me.

"Oh, good morning Nathalie!" Gabriel smiles at me.

I smile blushing a little.

I really love his smiles, they are very rare from him.

"How are you today?" the man asks.

"I'm good sir thank you, how are you?"

"Good" he smiles again.

He looks happy today and I'm glad.

Gabriel's POV:

I feel so happy when she is around, she is my emotional support and a precius alley.

I don't know what I would do without her.

As she walks to her desk I return to my draws.

I think my new clothes would be perfect on her.

"I would like you to wear some of my newest clothes"

"Why me?"

She seems surprised.

"You are the prettiest model I know, I wouldn't let anyone else try them but you"

Nathalie is blushing again.

Although I don't particularly enjoy people's company I just can't be my usual self when it comes to her, I have the biggest soft spot for this woman but I don't want her to know it.

"All right sir" she says.

I'm happy.

Nathalie's POV:

"What would you like to eat Nathalie?" Gabriel asks me at lunch time.

"I'm not very hungry sir thank you anyway"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure I just need some fresh air and then I will come back to work"

I get up from my seat and walk out of the room, hoping for Gabriel to follow me in the garden as he usually does but as soon as I'm out the mansion I realise I am alone.

Where did Gabriel go?

A bad feeling flies across my mind and as soon as I see the usual akumised guy destroying the city I understand.

It's always the same thing with him, I storm back inside to reach the secret lair. 

I enter the room and stop next to Hawkmoth.

"How is it going sir?" I ask rolling my eyes.

"Very good, this time I feel like we can finally succeed"

That's what you always say before the usual defeat.

I can feel it, he is going to lose again, it's always like that.

A few moments later Ladybug and Chat Noir defeat the villain and Hawkmoth has lost another time as I predicted.

I watch Gabriel as he detransform and falls on his knees without saying a word.

I'm so sick of seeing him like that, I really want to tell him to stop.

I need to tell him to stop.

I approach him but no words are coming out of my mouth, I can't say anything so I decide to just leave him alone for a while.

I return to the office and sit down at my desk.

Duusu rests on my shoulder.

"Miss Nathalie I feel so bad for mr Gabriel" I hear the kwami say.

"Yeah, me too"

"Maybe you should go back to him and make him feel better"

"No Duusu I think it's better to leave him alone for now" 

"But he looks so sad"

"Don't worry too much about him, he is always dramatic but he is going to feel better in a few minutes" I smile at the kwami.

Duusu doesn't seem to be satisfied with my explanation and honestly neither am I but I have to believe that Gabriel will recover from this defeat on his own like he always does.

Everyday it's worse for him when he loose.

Just as I am thinking about all of this the door opens and Gabriel enters the room but instead of going back to work he turns the computer off. 

"I'm going to rest for a while Nathalie, take care of everything by yourself for now" 

I nod as the man leaves the room, I have never seen him so depressed after a defeat.

I finally realise he won't get better if he keeps going on this way.

That's enough! I decide he can't go on like this, I have to do something before it's too late.

_____________________________

Hello everyone this is the author.

This is my second Gabenath story, I hope you are going to enjoy this book like the first one, thank you for reading. ✨🙂

I'm sorry for any grammar mistake and I hope you are going to follow this story too, bye 🙂👋🏻