Chapter.:1:.

Artiva in the Media.!

Artiva's P.O.V.

May 14,2009

I watched as he emptied the little bag of white substance onto a small mirror.He pulled his credit card and cut it into small white lines.Picking up the rolled up dollar he had on the side of the mirror.He inhaled the white substance into the dollar.I watched as he did it to all 6 lines.He sat back in the chair and rubbed his nose.

I watched as his eyes started to roll in the back of his head.A small smile on his face.

Me:Elijah.??

He jumped up and looked at me.

Eli:Hey Taye.Whats up babygirl.?

My brother stood and sluggishly walked over to me.I stepped back as he walked closer to me. His eyebrows came together in confusion.

Eli:Hey why you do that.?

Me:Eli....

Eli:Don't be scared.

Me:What are you doing.?

Eli:Just taking my medicine.Come on.Lay with me for a while Taye.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me roughly to him.He kissed my forehead.

Eli:You my baby you know that.I'll never leave you.

He started pulling me towards his room.I followed behind him as he laid across his bed.

Eli:Just lay with me Taye.

I nodded and climbed in the bed and laid next to my brother and grabbed hold of his shirt.He kissed my forehead again.

Eli:I love you so much Taye.

Me:I love you too.!

Eli:Good.!

August 5,2009

I grabbed my backpack from my locker and shut it before walking towards the school door's.The NOLA air hit me.Hot as fuck down here.I threw my backpack on my shoulders and pulled down the legs of my shorts as I started walking home.8th ward.Aint shit down here but problems.Seems like after Katrina,things would have gotta better.Nope not at all.When Katrina hit,Elijah and myself lost our mother.She was trying to get home.So we could leave for the super dome but the storm caught her first.Well that's what they say.They didn't recover a body so they just assumed she was dead but I don't feel that way.Elijah was 17 when Katrina hit.I had just turned 13.My birthday was a week before it hit.

M/v:AYYE MUTE.!

I turned to see who called me.I saw Elijah's friend Derrick.Ever since Katrina hit I became mute.Only one that heard me talk was Elijah.I didn't talk in school.No teachers asked why i didn't talk.I didn't talk to people.I have nothing to talk to people about.Derrick been trying get me to talk for a long time.He don't even know what I sound like.

Derrick:What ya on kid.?

I shook my head nothing before walking away only for him to walk right besides me.Derrick feel that it's his job to keep an eye out of me when my brother not around.Which is cool.But he like to talk.I don't like talking.

Derrick:You not gone speak today.

I shook my head no and headed towards my house.

Derrick:You gone have to talk one day mute.

I just shook my head as we kept walking towards my house.When we walked up the block there was a black Ford truck sitting in front of my house.Who the fuck.?As we got closer to my house the door swung open and out walked this boy.He look like he was at least 17 years old.He looked at me,looking me over before opening the back door to the trunk and hopping it.It pulled off quickly.Who the fuck was that.?