"Why is it always one of you," the nurse grumbled under her breath as she bandaged up Sirius. She took a moment to shoot a glare at Kelsey who looked down embarrassed. Once she was done patching him up, Dumbledore gave a small nod. She was out of the office just as quickly.

"Now, I am sure tonight's incident is not the first of its kind you two may have faced," Dumbledore spoke.

Kelsey and Sirius nodded in agreement thinking back to their first day of classes.

"And it won't be the last. I am afraid his followers grow bolder each day," Dumbledore said sadly.

"You mean.." Kelsey looked at him in shock.

"They're one of You-Know-Who's - Death Eaters?" Sirius asked in equal horror. He didn't think You Know Who was taking in followers this young. He realised that his own brother was still 16.  

"Dark times will be upon us soon and loyalties will be tested," Dumbledore sent them a tired look. "But it is important to remember who our true friends are and keep them close. Now more than ever," he finished knowingly. 

"I trust that will be the last of corridor duels for you two," he looked down at them through his half-moon glasses. Kelsey looked at Sirius who was lost in thought.

"Although a few laughs, prank wars, and whatnot will always have their place. It is the best medicine after all." Was Kelsey imaging the gleam in his eyes? "But that's for another day. Now off you go."

They got up silently. They had a lot to think about.

"Prank wars eh?" Sirius mused still sounding rough as they left his office.

"He's probably betting on one of us," Kelsey joked, drawing a short laugh from him. She studied for a few moments when he remained silent.

"You're thinking if he's one of them," she said quietly.

"I keep thinking: What if he had been in the corridor? What would I have done?" Sirius said looking pensive. Kelsey's heart almost broke for him. She didn't know what it was like to lose a brother.

"I think that you would have helped the boy regardless," she concluded.

"You do?" He was surprised by her faith in him.

"Sirius Black," she sighed, stopping suddenly. She looked just as shaken up about the whole thing. "Over six and a half years, I have realised that you are many things: Infuriating, Pompous, perhaps even a slight Superman complex if today events are any clue-"

"Is there supposed to be a compliment in there?"

"But you were put in Gryffindor for a reason. And looking at you, Potter and Lupin, it's obvious- you do care for those who cannot protect themselves," she shrugged. "Although next time, I'd rather you don't interrupt me when I'm handling things my way. I am a Prefect you know. I can hold my own," she insisted.

Sirius grinned feeling weirdly reassured.

"So this means that if I were to say prank you.." he trailed off. With a roll of her eye, she started putting more distance between them before he could finish that thought. They were almost in the main area of the school halls. "..you'd retaliate?"

"I have been so far, haven't I?" She smiled at a few students who passed by. It had been a little boring without having Black actively making her life a living hell, oddly enough.

"Splendid."

All of a sudden Kelsey's world was turned upside-down. Literally. Who knew that Sirius Black had mastered non-verbal spells.