I spent the rest of the morning studying my book and practicing a bit on Liam, but mostly he had grabbed his sketchbook and was working on a drawing of a funny looking dog we had seen on our walk home the other day.  That was what was so amazing about Liam, he had a photographic memory.  If he studied something intently for a few minutes, he could sketch it, in detail, several days later.

When it was nearly noon and I thought we should get out of the apartment, I got up to go take a shower since I was still in the old sweats and ripped T-shirt I put on when I got up this morning.  When we slept I either wore light sleep pants and a T-shirt, or if I was particularly warm, which I was inclined to be, I would just wear boxers, but I always wore something even though I would have rather slept naked like Brett and Aiden always did.  I just didn't feel comfortable doing it with Liam in my bed...at least for now.

"I'm going to go take a shower and then we'll go run some errands," I said to Liam as he worked intently on the drawing, not sure if he even heard me he was so focused.  Grabbing a fresh towel  from our linen closet I stretched and walked into the bathroom, closing the door before I got undressed.  I had changed in front of Liam, I mean all of us have changed in front of each other a zillion times over the years, part of living in small apartments with one bathroom, but I guess under the circumstances, I was slightly more conscious of it around him.  Probably part of me repressing my physical attraction, I felt like it could be too easy to roll down that slippery slope.  Freud would probably say I was sublimating my sexual desires into a higher standard with him, Benji would have some complicated psychological reason too, but I never really discussed my relationship with Liam too much with Benji.  He just seemed like he sensed what was going on and he understood, either that or he was totally oblivious.

I let the strong spray of hot water clear my head of all of these thoughts as I held my face under the shower head.  I heard the door click open, so I figured Liam had to use the toilet since we were all used to each other barging right in all the time, we didn't make a big deal of it anymore.  I just rocked my body slightly under the relaxing water raining heavily down on my face as the room steamed up.

"Jojo?"  I felt a small tap on my elbow.

I shook the water from my face and used my hands to get the rest.  Opening my eyes I looked down and Liam was in the shower with me, undressed.  "Can I take a shower with you?"

I knew when he was younger he took showers with Brett all the time, but it had been at least a couple of years.  I was pretty sure Brett stopped it when he was hit hard by puberty and wanted to take care of some other hormonally charged urges in the shower that he couldn't with his little brother there.  Hell, I'd walked in on him more than enough times to know that it was actually best to knock or be scarred for life.

"Um...I guess."  

Liam smiled and immediately stepped further in, right in front of me, leaning against my chest and letting the water run over his face.  He took my spot!  I watched for a few seconds, dumbfounded as he hummed a little tune, a big grin on his face and relaxed back into me.  The little bugger.