Benefits of Surah Fatiha

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم                                     

"And ALLAH wants to lighten for you (your difficulties); and mankind was created weak." {Qur'an 4:28}

                                            ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦            

Surah Fatiha is a cure from every illness.

Narrated Ubadah bin As-Samit The Prophet (SAW) said: "Whoever does not recite Surah Fatiha in his prayer, his prayer is invalid."

The Prophet (SAW) said: "Surah Al-Fatiha is the greatest Surah of the Qur'an."

Abu Hurairah (RA) said that The Prophet (SAW) said: "ALLAH, the Glorious and Exalted said, "I have divided the prayer between myself and my servant equally and My servant shall be granted what he asked for." Therefore, when the servant says, 'All praises and thanks are due to ALLAH, the Lord of the worlds', ALLAH says, 'my servant has praised me.' When he says,'The All-Merciful, the Most Merciful,'ALLAH says, 'my servant has extolled me.' When he says, 'Master of the Day of Judgment,' ALLAH says, 'My servant has glorified me.' When he says, 'You alone we worship and your aid alone do we seek,' ALLAH says, 'This is between me and my servant and my servant shall have what he requested.' When he says, 'Guide us to the Straight Path, the Path of those whom you have favored, not (the path) of those who have earned (your) anger, nor of those who have gone astray,' ALLAH says, 'This is for my servant and my servant shall have what he asked for.' "

Anas (RA) said: "When you recite Surah Fatiha and Surah Ikhlas upon lying on your bed, you will be safeguarded and should become fearless of every thing except death.”

Abdullah Ibn 'Abbas (RA) reported that The Prophet (SAW) said: "Rejoice in the two lights brought to you which have NOT been brought to any Prophet before you: Surah Fatiha and the last verses of Surah Baqarah."

It is reported from Sha'bi (Rahmatullah alaih) that once a man came to him and complained of pain in his kidney. Sha'bi (Rahmatullah alaih) advised him to read Asasul Qur'an (foundation of the Qur'an) and blow it on the aching spot. When he inquired what was meant by "Asasul Qur'an", Sha'bi (Rahmatullah alaih) replied " Surah Fatiha".