𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐀; 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

Start from the beginning

You quietly ate your food, ignoring the glances your family gave you as you tried to finish the meal as you swallowed the idea of your inevitable imprisonment. You wondered if the woman on the moon could listen to your own cries, similar to the way you could hear and sing her's.

You would be having your class later today, one that would simply take place in your room rather than a real classroom filled with boys and girls. You wanted to know what it was like to be able to interact with other students, join a club, or play sports. You saw other children from the other family play a game of. . . Tag? They chased each other around your estate while you merely stood watching from afar. It looked like a lot of fun if their eyes were beaming with joy as their laughter became contagious, spreading from one person to the next.

You pressed your lips together as your family finished their meals. The maids quickly gathered up your plates and headed off to the kitchen while a second, more personal maid approached you. Her hair was tied back into two long braids, her bangs framing her face which her nose balanced a pair of glasses. Her clothes were the same as the others in the estate, a long skirt with a white blouse paired with an apron.

You recall her name being Akiko Kamei, she told you once that she had a little sister who was around your age, you once heard from the other maids that she was interested in a man outside of the estate. Apparently, while Kamei lived in the (L/n) estate to serve you, her sister lived in her own apartment that she is paying for. You sighed underneath your breath, you wondered what it would be like to have an older sister as caring as Kamei was, however, you were an only child within a house filled with strangers.

"Your Highness, did you enjoy your meal today?" She clasped her hands together, reminding you of another rule that had been in place: no one is allowed to touch you unless they are a close family member or your dresser.

"It was fine, like every other meal." You somberly replied, your voice dry as your taste for a luxurious life, "tell me," you halted your steps, turning around to face the slightly shorter woman, "at my age what would other girls be doing now? What is your sister doing?"

"As you wish Your Highness," she cleared her throat, "my little sister is currently in middle school and will transfer to Kaibara Municipal High School next year. Girls your age should already be in your first year of high school, most likely interested in boys in their year."

You hummed, continuing your walk as she followed you from behind, "tell me about the man you're seeing outside of the estate. Does it feel nice to be. . . In love?"

"E-Erm," beads of sweat began to form at her neck, "y-yes as you wish. . . He's a very kind man. . . We met in high school and we were planning on getting married soon."

She scratched the edge of her cheek, a pink expression painted on her face as she cracked a small, nervous smile, "he really makes me happy. He would ask me all the time if we could see each other soon but. . ." She refrained from talking about her occupation, you already knew what she was going to say after all.

"I-I see." You stuttered, turning away from her as you held onto the edges of your clothes, "do you think I can find love as well?"

"Of course you can!" Kamei smiled, "my mother always told me that everyone can find love, it just takes time and patience." She pumped up her fists, her happiness easily shown through her actions, "I always wanted to find my prince charming as a kid!"

"Prince? Prince charming?" You asked, seeing her look at you with her still flushed face, "what is this Prince Charming?"

"A boy who can protect you, he gives you this feeling of safety when he smiles at you! He's a bit like Hou Yi-"