"he doesn't know?" drew asked

"i mean it's not like people knew about me when we were dating, right drew?" lemon took a dig at his lunch with tati

"fair enough" drew sat back with a sigh

dalton walked into the bar in his game day suit, looking like a model, a very muscular, tall model.

"little dressed up for a bar aren't we?" maddie commented

"hey, dress to impress" dalton flashed his bright smile "and i'm trying to impress. plus i didn't bring a change of clothes" he gave maddie a side hug and dapping up chase. he introduced himself to the rest of the group before sitting down next to lemon and putting his hand on her lower back. drew watched all his actions closely and picked apart what he did, knowing how she liked to be held and touched.

throughout the night dalton made sure to keep lemon close, elaine and madison were getting annoyed that they couldn't talk to her without dalton by her side. and drew was getting annoyed at dalton constantly all over her. the girls finally managed to separate the two and brought lemon to the booth while the boys stood at the bar.

"so" madison dragged on

"so?" lemon furrowed her eyebrows

"tell us about him" elaine added

"i mean not much to say except he makes me happy"

"what about the whole constant touching and protectiveness?"

"i mean, it's expected. he's a hockey player, he loves to protect"

"i don't know lem, seems to be more than just wanting to protect you. it's like he wants to prove he's with you and have control over you"

"i mean sometimes, but it's not that bad"

back with the boys, they were trying to judge dalton's character

"so how did you and lemon meet?" jd asked

"we met at a bar after one of my games"

"oh so you like brought her home and like hooked up with her?" drew asked. all the boys gave him a stern look, like 'why tf did you just say that you dumbass'

"um, yeah. but she's amazing and we are happy together"

"gotta be careful though, she's a hard one to hold down" drew said before taking another sip of his drink

"what do you mean?"

"nothing, she's just so busy all the time and sometimes it gets in the way of her relationships"

"i mean you wouldn't know though. it's different being in a relationship with her than being her friend" dalton defended his relationship

"i mean i would know" drew said once again taking a sip. all the guys' eyes widened once they saw dalton's face

"what do you mean?"

"i just know that side of her. put the pieces together bud. too many checks to the head?" drew laughed but no one laughed with. chase was trying to refrain from yelling at him and dragging him out of the bar by his ear. you could practically see the steam coming out of dalton's ears.

dalton stomps away towards the girls

"come on, we're leaving" he grabbed lemons arm

all the girls stopped their conversation the second he walked over

"what? we just got here an hour ago" lemon smiled, trying to hide how he was embarrassing her in front of her friends

"if you don't want to leave, give me your phone" he held his hand out.

"excuse you?!" lemon scoffed "hand you my phone?" she stood up and dragged him outside so none of her friends could see or hear the argument

"what's gotten into you? why are you trying to invade my privacy and embarrassing me in front of my friends?"

"lem, i don't want to do this out here" he pinched the bridge of his nose

"what? you want to do it in there with all of my friends around?"

"i don't want to do this at all right now. i'm leaving now. you're either coming with or-"

"or what dalton? if you're gonna say we're done, you are wrong. what's gonna happen is you're gonna go home by yourself and think about how you just embarrassed me and i'm going to go back inside this bar and apologize for you. we'll talk tomorrow" lemon turned around and headed back inside after she watched him walk to his car, still wanting to make sure he got there safe, even though he is perfectly capable of protecting himself.

"everything okay?" maddie asked as lemon got back to the booth

"yeah, everything's fine. but i'm going to head home. i'll see you tonight" lemon smiled as she hugged maddie goodbye "it was nice hanging out with you guys again" she hugged the other girls.

after lemon left the boys joined the group once again

"what the fuck did you guys do?" maddie put her hands on her hips staring mainly at drew