♡5♡ The Pastor's Son (BWWM)

Start from the beginning

It wasn't until Ruthanne Neeley and Rhys Yates sparked up a conversation at the party that she began to hope for a life that hadn't previously come to mind.

During that conversation, it was revealed that they had shared many of their Psychology classes together. Neither of them had previously sought out the attention of others and were therefore unaware of one another's presence. They mainly focused on completing the necessary courses to obtain their degrees.

As they lost themselves comparing their courses, along with some of the issues they'd encountered from class to class, Ruthanne took note of the mannerisms of the beautifully awkward man in her presence.

When she first caught sight of him leaning against a wall, he looked like a lost child who was merely content that he was allowed to watch the grown folks at the party.

Everyone else was engaged in conversations and other party affairs. They walked around casually dressed enjoying the cool breeze of late spring as the mountain of a man looked on like a frightened little church boy.

His clothes were starched to perfection. Wearing a longsleeved powder blue gingham shirt, a navy buttoned-up sweater, khaki slacks, and dark blue loafers, Ruthanne was amazed that such a handsome young man would be caught outside dressed like her grandfather.

Dark golden brown curly locks, he'd allowed to grow just a little bit too long on top, had a tendency to flop down in his line of vision. Whenever his sea-green eyes met with Ruthanne's crystal clear ones--which was a frequent occurrence--Rhys was forced to constantly tuck his hair back behind his ears.

♡♡♡

"RHYS"

Rhys was effortless in his attractive awkwardness. His quirkiness made him seem a little unsure of himself but in a good way. Often, he would hesitate as if a few extra seconds were required to properly assess what he'd say before he spoke a word. Always considerate of others rarely taking any action solely for his benefit, Rhys' careful attention to those around him drew Ruthanne to Rhys like a moth to a flame.

During their conversation, it was no surprise that Ruthanne found herself mesmerized by the resounding tone and depth of his voice. Rhys was also fully aware of just how adorably cute she was.

Never before had he met a woman who was as genuine and charismatic as Ruthanne. She became highly regarded in his opinion the moment he spoke about the church and she didn't recoil from the conversation. It wasn't merely a place to meet and discuss the Word of God for him. In his vision, it was a place to share the greatest gift with people who were lost in the suffering of the world.

As he shared his revelations, Ruthanne listened to him describe the closeness that comes from a relationship with the Lord. A radiant glow surrounded him as he ministered to her about the goodness of God.

♡♡♡

"RUTHANNE"

In all the masses she had attended throughout her twenty-four years, Ruthanne never once felt as enlightened as she did when she listened to Rhys share his relationship with the Father. No man ever spoke with so much fire and conviction. Listening to his words conveyed his affinity for his faith and it also inspired hers.

Because he was a man after God's own heart, Ruthanne believed he must be an angel. Unlike any other man, she had ever met, Ruthanne feared she would turn to find he was just an illusion.

The fear that one day he might not be by her side made each meeting with him of great importance.

Soon, his vision of serving the people literally became her purpose. Her connection to his beliefs was inexplicable, but Ruthanne was sure they must be part of the same team if she were to become a part of his life.