after her momentary breakdown and a while of alone time. athena finally deided to go join everyone else in the waiting room knowing that none of them knew where she had gone and for all they know she could've been kidnapped by the mafia or something.

the girl walked in the room to see almost everyone asleep, just her luck that the people awake were the ones she was avidly trying to avoid.

"thena come sit!" zach squealed upon noticing the girl in the doorway, jonah slowly turning his head to smile at the girl who sent a strained one back as she walked over.

corbyn whipped his head round once he heard the name, his eyes widening in shock as he made eye contact with the girl before quickly looking away again.

daniel didn't even look up from his phone though. his gaze didn't move nor did his face but his thoughts were definitely going insane.

"that's okay zach don't worry. i'll just go sit over there-" athena tried to get herself out of having to sit with them as she pointed over to where rachel was sat but the youngest member of the band insisted, standing up to drag her over.

"or i can sit here that's fine too." the girl mumbled smacking her lips together as she was thrown in between daniel and corbyn.

thanks a lot zach. thanks a lot. she thought to herself with a small sigh before reminding herself she wasn't sure if the guys even knew what had happened with her and daniel, let alone her and corbyn.

"so we haven't seen you in a while what's new?" jonah asked politely, clearly informing the girl that they actually had no clue what was going on either.

"nothing much." athena let out with a shaky breathe and unsure laugh knowing she was going to have to sit here for several more hours and endure this excruciating pain.

"how about you guys?" she attempted to change the subject, gesturing across from her to zach and jonah. the only two members of the band she hadn't been with recently or seemed to fuck anything up around.

"same as you really. literally nothings happened." jonah shrugged his shoulders nodding his head at athena after their statements had been similar.

"what about you zach?" the girl inquired as she watched the boy begin rapidly typing on his phone, presumably texting someone.

"nothing much either. you think my life would be interesting-" he raised an eyebrow as he looked up from his phone for the smallest amount of time before looking back down again.

"who are you texting?" thena questioned, as she sat up in her seat in an attempt to look over the boys shoulder.

"just my girlfriend." he nonchalantly shrugged as the four other people all exchanged wide eyed looks with hung open jaws.

"girlfriend?" they repeated in unison, all four of their voices laced with shock as they stared dumbfounded at zach awaiting an explanation.

"yeah i'm just planning another date with her this weekend." the young brunette continued to explain not understanding why everyone was acting so odd and confused all of a sudden.

"i'm sorry another? you've already been on one?" daniel queered now deeming it appropriate to speak up as athena rolled her eyes slightly.

"four actually." zach was quick to correct his band mate, finally pocketing his phone to see the four people staring at him with incredulous looks on their faces not believing a word that was coming out of his mouth.

"four!" athena shouted raising her eyebrows as corbyn placed his hand over the girls mouth clearly being the only person who remembered that they were in a hospital and most certainly not the only ones there.

"yeah did you guys not know?" he asked in genuine shock as he let out a small laugh, not realising his friends weren't joking until they nodded in response making the boys face drop.

"oh. well her names yarel and she dmed me on insta. something about already knowing athena and her saying she had a single friend to hook her up with. yadda yadda yadda. we got to talking and she's actually pretty chill so when we did a few of our shows here i snuck out to meet her and here we are." the boy explained as if it was nothing. watching as athena opened and closed her mouth like she was going to say something but no words came out making her look like a fish.

"sit down angel eyes." corbyn muttered as he placed a hand on her shoulder, guiding her back down into the chair. the duo completely forgetting what had happened in new york.

both of them missing the terrifying look of anger spread across daniels face as he balled his hands into fists and shoved them in his hoodie pockets.

"wait did yall seriously not know?" zach repeated in shock as he raised his eyebrow watching as all his friends started nodding in response not being able to find the words to speak.

"oh." the boy let out a small sigh, before bringing his phone out of his pocket to open up instagram.

"well this is her-"

AUTHORS NOTE

i know shocker zach got a girlfriend. he got a girlfriend before daniel and athena even started dating. they're still arguing. but we didn't miss that look of jealousy seavey😼

i just wrote a five page long essay for my music project about jack, only to be told it isn't correct and i need to now do something else (or different 😉)

n e whore 🥴

hi i love you all so very much, remember to take care of yourselves and stay healthy. if you haven't add my book 'small talk' to your libraries because it's about corbyn- that's a good enough reason. and uhm yeah 🥺🤍