Chapter 25: Nosebleed Nougats

Start from the beginning

"My godson," said Sirius, quite loudly, "Was attacked last night in the Muggle suburbs by dementors. This house has become a safe place for all of you kiddos."

"We can take care of ourselves," Aaron chuckled, but there was no amusement in his face.

"Of course you can, but we prefer to... be able to keep an eye on you," Aspen explained, choosing his words quite carefully.

"So you don't trust us!" Amora declared, jumping out of her seat. She could tell that between the look that Aspen and Sirius exchanged, she was right.

"Amora, please," Sirius started.

"I really don't want to hear it. Listen, Hogwarts starts up again in two days, so we will be happy to stay here until then. After that, I can't promise anything," Amora said.

"Mores if you let us explain-", Aspen faltered.

"No. As far as I am concerned, this conversation is over. I'm sure you both have important Order business to attend to anyways," she fumed, turning her back to face the fire.

She didn't see their expressions but honestly didn't really care to. Amora heard three pairs of footsteps leave and once she knew she was alone, she collapsed into her chair. She was quite exhausted but didn't have the heart to reach out and get help from anyone. After all of the arguing over the past couple of days, she just wanted to sit in the chair and watch the embers of the fire slowly die out...

"Pssst!"

Amora whipped her head around, her eyes searching the room. She could have swore she heard something.

"Amora dear!"

She pulled out her wand and growled, "Who's there? Show yourself!"

"Down here! The fire!"

Amora craned her head down and where a bundle of logs used to be was now replaced by an extremely familiar face. One she hadn't seen her entire childhood except in photos or ransom posters. One she was sure she would never see again. One she didn't really want to see.

"Mum?" Amora croaked out.

"There's a good girl. Now, be a darling and would you just" she started, but she never got the chance to finish her sentence.

"Amora? Are you alright?" Cedric's voice asked, knocking on the door. Amora looked between her mother in the fire pit and the door.

"Ooooooh is that the boy?" Bellatrix's voice rang out and Amora turned her head so fast back to the fire she felt a bone in her neck crick.

"Mum! What are you doing here? Never mind that, you need to go! Before anyone sees you!" Amora hissed.

"Alright alright alright, but when you get a letter from my owl, Vita, be sure to open it!" Bellatrix instructed.

"What? No! Why should I even bother talking to you!" Amora snapped.

"Don't you want to know who your father is?" Bellatrix teased and Amora's eyes widened.

"Mum..." Amora growled.

"Goodbye darling!" Bellatrix sang as her face sank into a pile of ash and her voice was drowned in a burst of flame.

"Amora? Are you in here?" Cedric asked, opening the door. He looked over and saw Amora standing in the middle of the room, fear and concern clouding her eyes as she stared blankly at the fireplace.

"Amora!" Cedric yelled a bit louder, grabbing her by the wrists and shaking her softly. Amora blinked a couple of times before snapping back to the present. She looked up at Cedric and let out a small but shaky breath.