furry heist

A/N: I was watching the "behind the hedge" documentary when they were talking about their fur. About the course roughness of RJ's. it made me think about how that may feel for Verne. So I made this. Enjoy! P.s. this is set not long after the movie. Because verne's gonna learn how to heist. But they are a couple.

Verne woke up to a rough but soft feel of fur shake him awake.

"Verne... wake up." A soft, whispering voice he immediately recognized as RJ's called to him.

"I'm awake. What is it?"

"Want me to show you how to heist?" Verne looked at RJ, then looking around. He noticed the others were asleep.

"What about the others?"

"Let them sleep." RJ pecked the turtle's cheek.

Verne blushed, "Okay."

RJ helped Verne up. Verne felt his course fur and shivered. they walked out of the log, yawning. Verne looked up at the moon, noticing it hasn't gone over the horizon yet.

"Why are we out so late?"

"I never told them this, but at this time of night, human teenagers leave a lot of food out in the street."

"Really? What makes it change at morning?"

"The cleanup group comes around by sunrise."

"Wow."

They walked out of the hedge, toward the road. Glady's house did get rebuilt, but Gladys was fired. Her depeltor turbo, tooken by police. RJ grabbed Verne's hand gracefully. Again, Verne felt his fur. He couldn't understand why his fur felt so good, yet so rough.

"Come on." The turtle got dragged in the crack between the house and fence. When they got there, RJ didn't let go of the turtle's hand.

Verne was looking at his feet in embarrassment. Why was his fur contrasting to him? Why did it feel good AND tough? It was like grass that felt like bristles.

"What are you thinking about, Verney?" Said name blushed.

"Nothing."

RJ chuckled, "Oh really? Then look up " RJ made a flourish of putting his left hand under Verne's chin and his right arm around the turtle. It was like he knew what Verne was thinking. Then he lifted Verne's face. Verne gasped.

The road was filled with cigarettes, bottles, food and... clothes? It was crazy. Verne had his mouth agape, he only seen so much stuff in one place when the log was full. One of the houses was booming music. The suburbs became relaxed after Gladys. He heard RJ chuckle, making Verne remember the others touch.