𝘹𝘷𝘪) 𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄-𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐄

Start from the beginning

"Not enough? If torturing and burning enough of those mentals on Vought's say-so ain't enough for you muppets then what the fuck are you good for, huh? A strongly worded tweet?"

"You're wanted fellons, asshole. We don't need your help." Neuman's assistant... well, as Rowan put it, she bitched.

"Yes, we do, Lisa." Victoria corrected,"Mr Butcher and Miss Fields, here, have fought Vought harder than we ever have. But I would like a turn, if we can trust each other."

"And what do you need?" Mallory said.

"Okay, we know what they were doing at Sage Grove but we don't know why. Why test Compound V on patients?"

"For fuck's sake, to cause chaos!" Rowan erupted,"I thought we already knew this!"

"We need the full picture - they have the terrorists for that, citizens of their own country seems... weird. Your interests are here too, Miss Fields." The congresswoman narrowed her eyes - yet another adult not accustomed to having a child around."We find out why they were doing this at Sage Grove, you find out what they were doing with you."

Grace nodded,"We know someone who can paint the full picture."

"Oh, you're fucking joking."

"Who are you talking about?" Neuman pursed her bright red lips, letting her dark locks fall in front of her cappuccino skin. She looked to Rowan for an answer but she was just staring at the dark, foreboding British guy - the woman wondered why Field's default was to restlessly analyse his mannerisms and to show a soft, shy smile every now and then.

"Like you said, we're going to have to trust each other." On that note, those in the room felt their clue to depart. "You wanted to speak to me?" Mallory suddenly turned to Rowan, and she felt rather privileged for this amazing woman to unexpectedly divert all of her attention to her.

"Uh... n-not r-"

"Spit it out, little one." At first, her interruption seemed rather judgemental but the closer she listened, the warmer and more encouraging her voice became.

"It's, uh, th-the dream you were telling us about." She frustratedly ran a hand through her hair,"I think I had one like it." Rowan watched Grace's eyes narrow carefully and felt the obligation to continue,"I was at this funeral in Times Square... and I was in a suit and... it was all people I've killed, except... some of them weren't." She found herself getting more or less annoyed by the smirk she was met with - it wasn't like the one which had burned into her brain upon first seeing it, it was almost amused by her. She had shown her weakness to this woman and she was just sneering,

"Have you had any other recurring dreams?"

"No." She instantly shook her head. She still thought it was odd there were no screams in her ears - not like she missed it or anything.

Mallory let out a small chuckle of surprise,"Really?" Rowan nonchalantly nodded and muttered rather irritably,

"Yeah. I gotta' go find my... I gotta' go."

____________________

Rowan was itching to be stood up, moving around and back on the job no matter how much of a burning it caused in her side - unfortunately (for her) the members of The Boys which were present hardly let her move an inch. She gazed through the doorway and caught sight of Butcher and M.M. packing their shit up to leave and instinctively stood up, focusing on her coat lying on the kitchen island. 

"Hey, where are you going?" Hughie questioned as soon as her body experienced motion.

"The bathroom - they're restocking mind your own fucking business." She mumbled.