"Yeah. Sorry.." he looked at you before walking past you. He waved goodbye

You walked down the road, back to the store you were supposed to watch.

It gets really boring on weekends, especially morning. Just random kids and old women come to the store. Although it is nice to see kids excited sometimes.

You sat back down in the chair

Normally, your mom, brother and you would switch shifts.

Mom to 1:00 a.m to 8 a.m,
You to 8:00 to 4:00 p.m,
Yugi 4:00 to 8:00 p.m,
Then finally back to you all the way to 1

Yugi still has college but when he gets back he has to look after the store

But since both of them are busy on the weekends most of the time, you're left alone.

Life would definitely be more interesting if you could hear people

'Depressing..'

You began to stare off into space, imagining volleyball matches.

You begin to imagine the number one ace in Japan.

'What's his name? Again? Sakusa Kiyoomi? At least I know he's goes to itachiyama.'

You were brought back to reality when someone tapped you on the shoulder.

You glanced at the person, it was just an old lady

She was a person that came around about every other week or so. She knew sign language which made everything easier.

The old women slowly dropped her items on the counter. You quickly scanned them.

She handed you her credit card. There on the register it said "Yumie Kita"

You gave her a nod and handed back the card then her bag.

The old woman waved goodbye to the deaf girl with a nod

After she left, you put your head on the desk. 'Boring.'

You felt your eyes flutter close for a minute but quickly woke up realizing that you still have a job to do.

You kicked a pebble on the sidewalk while walking, you sighed. Besides the early morning event, nothing else happened. Saturdays are cool for other teens but yours was full of boredom.

You came across a giant tree near the playground. It was normal littered with little kids playing around it but nobody was there.

"Hm." You walked up to the tree and attempted to climb it. You fell back immediately and hit your head on one of the roots.

'Ow!'

You immediately stand back up and begin to try again, falling back over and over again.

You let out a frustrated sigh and you tried again before feeling a presence watching you.

You turn your head and see, Ginjima Hitoshi?

He jumped up and puts his hands up in the air, acting innocent.

You just looked back at the tree and fell backwards, not hitting your head on the tree root this time.

"What the hell is wrong with this girl?" He questioned out loud, knowing you can't hear him. He lets out a sigh and types something on his phone, then showing it to you.

You can't climb trees?

You sat up and nodded your head

He looked to the side for a second and looked back at you and held out his hand to help you up.

He pointed to the tree and at one of it's branches signaling he's gonna try to teach you

After many tries on trying to teach you, he gave up. Your arms weren't the strongest he realized after failing for the 13th time.

He hopped down from the tree and sighed.

You're hopeless

He typed down on his phone.

You crossed your arms and huffed.

If you really want to get up there
Then just hop on my back.

You stared in shock and gave him a look that said 'you sure?'

He nodded is head and crouched down

You slowly wrapped your legs around his waist and held on to his shoulders

He jumped up a bit to get a better hold of you and began to climb the tree

'What the hell am I doing? Carrying a deaf girl on my back? And I spent like 10 minutes trying to help her? I'm not gonna get anything in return, but I'm still doing it for something reason?' He struggled a bit but made it up to the branch.

He sat down and huffed

You carefully climbed off his back and on to the branch next to him.

'I guess as long as I made someone happy, it doesn't matter why I'm doing it.' Ginjima turned to you and smiled to himself a bit.