Ice Cabin Boy

Ice stood in front of the mirror in Hook's room admiring his new pirate attire. Other than the change of clothes he had on, there was a silver sword in its blue velvet scabbard at his waist. He couldn't bring himself to rid himself of the Iclandian royal blade so he decided he'd keep it anyway. It wasn't like he didn't want to be a prince. He just didn't want to mention being able to transform into a dragon in front of Hook and his men. Ice didn't like to think about it but Hook might know more about him than he did.

"Welcome aboard the ship, mate." said one of the pirates that had quickly taken an interest in Ice shortly after he joined. He stood in the doorway of the room and was about an inch or two taller than him. Ice turned to him with a smile.
"I'm glad to be here." said Ice. The man smirked.
"You'll turn your back on being a pirate once we reach your homeland. I just know it. Typical cliched moment."
"I-I'm sorry. W-who are y-you?" asked Ice, nervously.
"You can call me Hunter."
"And I'm I-Ice."
"Something wrong with your voice? You're stuttering."
"J-just not c-comfortable sp-speaking in f-front of oth-others."
"A shy one aren't you? Opposite of someone I know."
"W-who?"
"If I told you, we wouldn't be friends."
"W-why?"
Hunter just stares at Ice. Ice gets even more nervous and looks away. Hunter eventually speaks again.
"It's best if I keep you out of my problems. They're too complicated for a kid like you. I'll be seeing you around." Hunter then turns to leave, running straight into the captain. "Oh! Sorry, sir. I'll be on my way then."
Hook lets Hunter go and enters his room.
"Better to be out on deck than in here, Navigator." he said. Ice turned from the mirror to face him.
"S-sorry, sir! I'm just too he-hesitant to go back h-home." said Ice.
"I thought you didn't want anything to do with Iclandia."
"I-it's kinda h-hard to abandon m-my home when I-I'm traveling right b-back to it."
Hook walks up next to him and puts a hand on his shoulder.
"Ah, I see now. Best not think about it. Be what you want to be, not what that kingdom wants you to be." said Hook. Truth is, the Iclandians just wanted him to be happy and Ice didn't mind being a prince. You've already been told what he despised being but he couldn't tell Hook that.
"Hey Hook, I mean Captain?" Ice suddenly felt this urge to ask a question dragon related.
"You can tell me when we're out on deck." said Hook, tugging Ice along with him. As they were heading out, Ice asked:
"Do you think dragons exist?"
Hook's facial expression froze in silent anger.
"Boy, do I know dragons exist! A dragon took my hand and I plan to pay it back for it!" Hook shook his hook in front of Ice's face. Ice flinched when it came a mere centimeters from tearing his flesh off.
"O-okay! I-I'm s-sorry f-for as-asking!" exclaimed Ice, not wanting to lose his face which made him even more nervous. Hook just laughs and pats him on the back.
"It's alright. I didn't mind the question but I didn't lie either. A dragon really did take me hand." said Hook. It made Ice wonder if it was a dragon like him or not.

For the next few days life aboard the Jolly Roger was strenuous. Ice found that navigating wasn't an easy task especially when the scenery around them seemed to change at night. Probably because having less light restricted one's view. Nights were put on hold for Ice could only navigate during the day. He never got any sleep either because he kept thinking of his homeland along with his parents. What if he couldn't be the dragon they expected him to be? What if he could never melt the ice covering the kingdom? Questions he couldn't answer kept surfacing his mind making him worry. The thought of ice brought his thoughts to his right eye. Tapping a finger to it, he didn't even flinch because it didn't scare him knowing that the ice protected his eye like a shield. If he melted the ice covering his eye he wouldn't be able to do that so casually. Maybe he could live with it like this but perhaps not with it covering all of Iclandia. Thinking about home made him feel sad but he had to stop thinking about it. He didn't need Iclandia anymore. He didn't need the dragon in him either.
Pulling the covers over him he's just about to go to sleep when a familiar voice gets his attention.
"Ice!" Loud enough for him to hear but quiet enough to not wake the other crew members.
"Icicle?" He wondered if it could possibly be her even though it shouldn't be because he made sure Hook had let her leave the...shipstraunt? Getting out of bed he walks over to his door and puts an ear to it. Repeating what he said before, a reply comes back in a hushed tone.
"Yes. I've come to get you out of here with the help of a friend from the OtherWorld Protection Agency." said, who was indeed his sister, Icicle.
"I don't need your help, Cicle! I chose to be here and I don't want to leave!" he whispered harshly.
"But-"
"I said I'm not leaving! Now get out of here! Take one of the boats and head back to New York with your friend!"
A sniffle could be heard on the other side along with the inaudible voice of another person. The other person then speaks to him.
"You do realize you're being used, right? As soon as Hook is in Iclandia he's going to get rid of you after he gets what he wants. And I don't mean he'll throw you off the ship. He'll kill you." Something about Megan's words rang true but Ice couldn't let that bother him right now.
"I don't care! I'm staying!" he said.
"Fine. Good luck avoiding being killed." said Megan. As the two could be heard walking away, they're stopped when someone else makes themselves known.
"Well, well! What do we have here? Two lost pups aboard me ship." said none other than James Hook. Ice busts out of his room.
"Don't hurt them!" He may be adjusting to the pirate life, but Ice wasn't a cruel person. Hook stares at him in shock but then gives him a smile.
"Relax, m'boy. I won't harm a hair on their heads. I'll just throw them in the brig since it's too late to put 'em back on dry land." said Hook.
"Okay." Ice sighed in relief. At least they'd be safe until they reached Iclandia.