New Music Part 49

Start from the beginning

Hye-won immediately turned to In-seo: 'In-seo, you have to rescue him,' and she didn't need to ask twice.  Taking Dieter and the professor with him, the 3 walked a determined path towards Seon-jae and none too politely, shepherded him, with the accosting group following, towards the door of the venue, In-seo looking back once over his shoulder.  Ciara turned to Hye-won: 'I told In-seo that I have organised a little after-concert surprise and where it is going to be so I'm sure that's where they are going now.'

Hye-won looked amused: 'anything to do with the whispers between you and Jonas as we left the bar earlier?'

'You really don't miss much, do you?'

They laughed, as they also moved towards the exit.

---

Jonas had set up a table in a side room for the group with bottles of champagne on ice and platters of canapes and finger food on the side

Jonas had set up a table in a side room for the group with bottles of champagne on ice and platters of canapes and finger food on the side.  By the time Ciara and Hye-won arrived, the bar, which earlier had been relatively peaceful, was packed to capacity and buzzing with Saturday night revelry.  Jonas was delighted to see them: 'I thought you'd never get here - the guest of honour arrived at least 10 minutes ago.  Come this way.'

He led them through the noisy bar towards the side-room.  He called loudly from the door: 'ahem - beautiful ladies present,' and gave an over-the-top bow to usher Ciara and Hye-won into the room, then proceeded to pop a bottle of champagne and fill glasses for everyone.  He called for a toast, 'to all those who live to entertain,' and then swept out of the room with an effusive: 'enjoy yourselves.'

Hye-won had hardly had time to draw breath since leaving the venue, arriving at the bar and entering the room.  Now she stood for a moment to steady herself and in the sparkling lights of the room, her eyes searched out Seon-jae.  When she found him, she saw that he was studying her with an intensity in his eyes that cancelled the space between them and made the noise and chatter around them fall away.  She stood and gazed at him and in that gaze, she told him how magnificently he had played, how happy she had been to see how the audience responded, how touched by the encore.  He took all that she told him and understood it and then he allowed his eyes to very slowly trace all over her, from her pinned-hair, down along her slim shoulders, the bias-cut dress hugging her figure, the bare calves and sexy heels, then just as slowly, back upwards to rest on her face.  

She felt his look like a smouldering fire moving inside her and when, with glass in hand, he stepped out from behind the table and, eyes still on hers, began to walk towards her, she felt the fire grow.  When he stopped just in front of her, she could see close-up how devastatingly handsome he was, how well the suit fit him and how much the colour black suited his skin tone but more than that, she could see that he was entranced by her appearance and struggling to keep his emotions in check.  It was this more than anything that freed her from the spell and she moved towards him and clinked her glass to his: 'what a performance - bravo Seon-jaea.'